Metal pride.

i've got metal pride i believe but i mean i can't really explain it and i am not an asshole about it.

ps. i saw the list of the top 100 metal moments on vh1 and i am really happy that rob halford coming out was top 10 because it makes ignorant metal fucks look even more dumb.

Taking pride in being a metalhead is a foolish thing. No one rewards you for listening to heavier music than most people, except for meaningless anonymous comments on message boards. And developing a superiority complex from listening to metal is even worse.

yes its true! i can't make it out to see it but the priest is back with halford!

and demonspell: i think one can have metal pride and have it not be something silly like taking pride in listening to heavier music than other people. for me my metal pride is just in being proud of the music i like to listen even if i get ridiculed for it, which i often do.

i love all kinds of music and i am fucking proud to be a metalhead at heart.

Baliset said:
i think one can have metal pride and have it not be something silly like taking pride in listening to heavier music than other people. for me my metal pride is just in being proud of the music i like to listen even if i get ridiculed for it, which i often do.

i love all kinds of music and i am fucking proud to be a metalhead at heart.
concur. last night I got lit up and went pre metal retro, listening to the Duane Allman anthology (Wilson Pickett's Hey Jude is fucking amazing).
hard to believe he accomplished all he did before dying at 24.

i just have a problem with the emotion of "pride" in general. it causes almost ALL of the trouble in this world, and it's totally unnecessary in most cases, when just "lack of shame" would do.

pride is the impetus behind nationalism, sports fandom, most wars, barfights, and much more.