Metal/Rock Track

ItsAFugazzi

boat is boat.
Jun 4, 2008
North East, UK.
www.myspace.com
Hey, I wanted to post this track I mixed to get some feedback etc... It was written by my brother, he recorded guitars, vocals, bass and programmed the drums using DFH Superior. The guitars were recorded using the Podxt.

It's a pretty old song, probably about 5 months? I've moved on quite a bit since this track as far as progressing goes and getting better. It was probably my 6th full song that i've mixed. I wasn't aware of this board before mixing this track too, so most of the stuff I'd learnt when mixing this track was just from testing and experimenting etc...

Here's the link 'Use Your Anger'

Cheers!

Nice track! But i am really missing some low end in the guitars/toms and kick. Definitely during that drum break with the toms after the first chorus the toms really sound flat. The drums aren't pounding at all. I think the bass may put up a little bit, or is it the low end story again? :p Sometimes i'm hearing a vocal double with a lower singing voice, i think it is too loud.

Actually, i'm not really keen on the drum samples themselves. Some things sound ok but I'm not fond on the kick drum... As for the toms, you're right I pulled too much low end out of them. Infact, you're right about a lot of things. I was having problems with liquid mix's high-pass filters back then. They were taking WAY too much low end out. Focusrite have apparenltly fixed the problem but I'm using a vst for high and low pass filtering now.