Metal shows in Hamburg, Germany in late March/April?

labrekk

Jul 16, 2002
Canada
Visit site
I'll have to be in Kiel, Germany for my job somewhere at the end of March or in April for a few days. I can pick up the dates I want. It'll be my very first time in Germany (and in Europe as well). I was wondering if there could be any metal shows of interest in Hamburg (which is not too far from Kiel if I'm not mistaken). I've always dreamt of going to Germany, the mecca of heavy metal since the 80s so that would be cool to be able to attend at least one metal show while I'm there.

If one of these band I never saw live was playing at that time, I'd be in heaven: SAXON, AXEL RUDI PELL, GRAVE DIGGER, BRAINSTORM, U.D.O., JADED HEART, MASTERPLAN, SINNER, RAGE, MSG...

Thanks for any infos.

Guillaume

I will look around. Unfortunatly there are A LOT more festivals (KIT, Rock Hard, Metropole Ruhr fest, ...) almost 500 miles or so to the south of Germany...
Only one I can think of now is RockTower ;

RocktowerPoster2010Sm.jpg

Rocktower sounds good with The Rods, Ruffians, Blitzktrieg...

But maybe I will try to catch Saxon in Denmark on March 25 if I can (2.5-hour drive from Kiel says Mapquest)...Saxon never plays Canada, I've never seen them live and they are one of my fave bands ever. My dates are not really decided yet so I will see.

metalseek.net is helpful....lists shows by city. They don't get everything, but not bad. Also, surrounding areas are accessible by train, so don't limit yourself to Hamburg. With little effort you could see something cool.

metalseek.net is helpful....lists shows by city. They don't get everything, but not bad. Also, surrounding areas are accessible by train, so don't limit yourself to Hamburg. With little effort you could see something cool.

Thanks for the tip about metalseek.net. :kickass: I've been looking for a site like that