Metalcamp '08

It's a matter of time before everyone falls out with Wacken. Y'know how fickle people can be.

Metalcamp looks awesome.

I've never been to Wacken, but all my friends go every year and they tell me that all they do all day is watch bands in the hot sun, pouring rain, mud, etc. for several days and that although it's the biggest metal festival, that just doesn't sound appealing to me. Plus, you have to choose between three friggin' stages...what happens if two of your fav bands play at the same time? Fuck that.

Besides, 95% of the bands at Wacken already played at MetalCamp a month earlier. Metal Camp isn't as big as Wacken, but there's more stuff to do. The metal market isn't quite as big, but you're in the middle of Tolmin so you can go sightseeing a bit, taste local food, walk around, etc. You're also next to the river so you can go swimming during the day or during the bands you don't like...just sit in the water with beer in hand and relax. You can go hiking, paragliding, or just get fucking wasted every day and bounce from tent to tent drinking with complete strangers who automatically like you because everyone's like-minded. Metal Camp is more like a metalhead's vacation, whereas Wacken is just a big fuckin' concert over three or four days with the same bands from MetalCamp.

I'd still like to go to Wacken someday, but since MetalCamp is literally an hour and a half from my house, I'll stay there for the time being.

Most of the people I know go to Wacken to see a band or two, but mainly for the Camps and the drinking buddies. I don't like live music as a rule, so I spent the entire time drunk, which was fun enough.

I've never been to Wacken, but all my friends go every year and they tell me that all they do all day is watch bands in the hot sun, pouring rain, mud, etc. for several days and that although it's the biggest metal festival, that just doesn't sound appealing to me. Plus, you have to choose between three friggin' stages...what happens if two of your fav bands play at the same time? Fuck that.

Besides, 95% of the bands at Wacken already played at MetalCamp a month earlier. Metal Camp isn't as big as Wacken, but there's more stuff to do. The metal market isn't quite as big, but you're in the middle of Tolmin so you can go sightseeing a bit, taste local food, walk around, etc. You're also next to the river so you can go swimming during the day or during the bands you don't like...just sit in the water with beer in hand and relax. You can go hiking, paragliding, or just get fucking wasted every day and bounce from tent to tent drinking with complete strangers who automatically like you because everyone's like-minded. Metal Camp is more like a metalhead's vacation, whereas Wacken is just a big fuckin' concert over three or four days with the same bands from MetalCamp.

I'd still like to go to Wacken someday, but since MetalCamp is literally an hour and a half from my house, I'll stay there for the time being.

hmm so true, damn i wish i had a hour drive...its more like 12hours to us, but who cares awesome vacation here we come!!

Most of the people I know go to Wacken to see a band or two, but mainly for the Camps and the drinking buddies. I don't like live music as a rule, so I spent the entire time drunk, which was fun enough.

This is true.