Metalcore production & mix - need your fresh ears!

LucTellier

Aug 23, 2008
Montreal
www.luctellier.com
Hi guys! :)

Here's a song I produced, co-wrote, recorded, mixed and mastered. I totally lost objectivity on this song and need some fresh ears on the mix! Please give me any comments you may have!

Thanks!
LT

Last edited by a moderator:
Hum. :Spin:

?? wats hum?

i like the mix sounds kinda like ben grosse? idk lolo i love the tones and it would KILL if you could get it a little tighter and punchier. multiband comp maybe?
i dont really like the screams tho, they sound kinda lowfi, radio-like..maybe thats what youre going for.
They are very similar to A day to remember - 2nd sucks!

?? wats hum?

It was regarding Strachan of D's original post! ;)

to me it sound very flat/thin , guitars need to be a bit louder , where is the bass and are the drums programmed ?

That he modified later:

guitars need to be a bit louder/ more upfront . sounding good

i like the mix sounds kinda like ben grosse? idk lolo i love the tones and it would KILL if you could get it a little tighter and punchier. multiband comp maybe? i dont really like the screams tho, they sound kinda lowfi, radio-like..maybe thats what youre going for.
They are very similar to A day to remember

I could get it tighter easily by using less room on the drums and make the guitar dryer. That would be easy to do, although, I always like having a lot of ambiance in the drums. I'll try to find a good compromise!

Regarding the screaming vocals, it was kinda though to mix because the singer wasn't really "screaming", more like imitating screaming if you know what I mean. I had to do a lot of processing in order to make him sound more aggressive and that might explains that radio type sounding voice. I could try to improve it!

Thank you very much for your input! I appreciate! ;)

Sounds epic!

I don't have the experience to really judge it, but there is something a but shrilling about this mix, not a whole lot just a little little bit.

Could very well be because i'm sick :) Dig the song!

Sounds epic!

I don't have the experience to really judge it, but there is something a bit shrilling about this mix, not a whole lot just a little little bit.

Could very well be because i'm sick :) Dig the song!

Thanks man! When I'm sick, usually, nothing sounds good and I don't even bother listening to music because my ears are ringing and everything sounds muffled! Hehe Take a rest and I wish you to recover fast! Take care man! :)