Metalcore with a bit of synth & german lyriks

Morgorroth

Mar 11, 2008
Germany
Hi,
I recorded this litle song together with the shouter of my former band.
Guitars are both Bugera 333XL (Piece a shit!! Broke down for the second fucking time in 5 weeks) through 112" Mesa Thiele copy with V30 (2 sm57).
For drums I used sm57s for toms, trigger for Snare & BD & Rode M3 for OHs
M3 also for vocals (I ddn't hae a popfilter, 'cause it's still in the rehearsal room -.-).

Tips and critique highly welcome
Cheers

edit: arrr Me = Idiot
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7003827
sorry :)

Well.

How much post-EQ did you do on the guitars? Sounds like there's a bunch of weird stuff going on there. I'd try and (as best you can) get the guitar tone to sound exactly as you want it to sound on the final mix. EQing is just for small touch ups and not overall sound. Slap on a hipass filter to taste and that'll help a lot.

Bass drums sound really good, but there's a lot of cymbal pumping, so I'd try and smooth that out as best possible. Try different kinds of compression A/B'ed with no compression and find something that keeps a steady volume.

Ok I try with the compression,
Guitars are NO eq (just hell a lot of compression) :D (and synths are no eq either, so they could fuck it up ^^)
€: I might know what the problem is: I recorded it too loud, so it distorts some times -.-

thank you for listening

the new mix is a lot better, i think you could add a bit more gain to those guitars & get a better chunkier sound