Metallica: And Justice For All... (180-gram Double-LP)

Edward Yawn

New Metal Member
Sep 14, 2005
Under your bed
Last year Metallica's first four albums were remastered for vinyl and released in a special box set with each album included as a Double-LP. Each LP was pressed on 180-gram vinyl. This limited edition box set is no longer available and there were only 5000 copies made.

A while back I saw Metallica's "And Justice For All..." album in a record store as a brand new double-LP, so I bought it. Upon closer inspection it turned out the LPs were 180-gram pressings and Metallica's website link had been printed in the album credits. This leads me to believe that this edition of "Justice..." was part of the remastered vinyl box set and that it was sold seperately. I doubt Metallica had a website in 1988, so this is definitely a new edition.

Anyways, check out these pictures:
(Camera: Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z6)

fwtzew.jpg

fwtzm8.jpg

fwtztk.jpg

fwtzzk.jpg

fwu1oh.jpg

fwu1sh.jpg

fwu1xs.jpg

fwu22v.jpg

dutchy said:
nope these ar the originals. I got the same one

Then how do you explain Metallica's website link on the album sleeve? Metallica did not have a website until 1998 or so.

Is yours also a 180-gram pressing?

I still believe this was part of the vinyl box set. They would not have pressed this album on 180-gram vinyl in 1988.

There is also a CD remaster of "Justice..." which was released in 2003. It is an unofficial and unannounced remaster so it does not say anywhere in the album credits that it was remastered.

Yes, this is the remastered lp. The boxed set came out last year. Very lucky find for you. Enjoy. Or if you like you can send it to me, I need a new platter for my tv dinner :D

spitzs lazy eye said:
Yes, this is the remastered lp. The boxed set came out last year. Very lucky find for you. Enjoy. Or if you like you can send it to me, I need a new platter for my tv dinner :D

Really? I just use every Metallica album after the black album.

Edward Yawn said:
Then how do you explain Metallica's website link on the album sleeve? Metallica did not have a website until 1998 or so.

Is yours also a 180-gram pressing?

I still believe this was part of the vinyl box set. They would not have pressed this album on 180-gram vinyl in 1988.

There is also a CD remaster of "Justice..." which was released in 2003. It is an unofficial and unannounced remaster so it does not say anywhere in the album credits that it was remastered.

don't knwo about the 180's , it looked the same as mine, have to look it up for the fanclub adres, I bought mine the day it came out, crap album. Bought a much better one that same day..........Euphoria!!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang:

dutchy said:
..where does it say remastered and 180 gram, can't find that on youre pics

It does not say, but I weighed the LPs, they are 180 grams each. Even on the remastered CD version of "Justice..." which was released in 2003, it does not say anywhere that it is a remaster. It was an unofficial and unannounced remaster. If you want to be 100% sure you get the remastered vinyl version of "Justice...", there is only one thing to do: to buy the limited edition vinyl box set which was released last year.

Also, on the disc's inner ring at the bottom, it says "A Universal Music Company", a tip-off that it's not a 1988 pressing.