METALLICA Bassist ROBERT TRUJILLO, Ex-FAITH NO MORE Guitarist JIM MARTIN To Perform With...

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
METALLICA bassist Robert Trujillo and ex-FAITH NO MORE guitarist Jim Martin will be part of INFECTIOUS GROOVES' reunited lineup when the band performs at this weekend's Sick Bastards Social Fest in Brazil. The festival, which is being curated by SUICIDAL TENDENCIES and INFECTIOUS GROOVES frontman Mike Muir, celebrates 34 years of the Brazilian radio station 89 A Rádio Rock. The concert will take place on Sunday, November 17 at Espaço das Américas in São Paulo and will see Muir, Trujillo and Martin joined by Brooks Wackerman (AVENGED SEVENFOLD) on drums and Dean Pleasants (SUICIDAL TENDENCIES) on second guitar. Jim, who is filling in for original INFECTIOUS GROOVES guitarist Adam Siegel, previously played with INFECTIOUS GROOVES in 2013 at METALLICA's Orion Music + More festival at Belle Isle in Detroit, Michigan and again in 2014 at the Whisky A Go Go in West Hollywood, California. INFECTIOUS GROOVES was formed soon after Trujillo joined SUICIDAL TENDENCIES in 1989. Muir and Trujillo got together with some friends to write song that centered more around the bass, but with the intent of giving everyone else a whole lot of freedom. "SEX PISTOLS and PARLIAMENT were my two favorite bands when I was young," commented Muir. "People think they're completely different but I saw a lot of similarities, even if musically they were categorized as completely different styles. There's something beautiful about breaking rules that never should have been made."
infectiousgroovessickbastards.jpg

Continue reading...