METALLICA Brisbane Show Tix Almost Gone

mattt

Yes.
Feb 4, 2002
The Brisbane Metallica show went on sale this morning at 9am and apparently at 10.30am there were almost sold out...

Are you referring to the Destruction of Oz show? I think $80 is too much for that personally. Sure, there's four overseas bands playing, but if you compare the ticket price to other festival events which have 30 or more bands on the bill, half of which are from overseas and for which tickets are around about the same price, it's a lot to ask. Especially when it costs so much to get there if you're from interstate. Of course, I know why it's necessary for the tickets to cost so much (2,000 or so payers for Destruction of Oz as opposed to 30,000 payers per city for BDO, for example), but it's still a lot. By the same token, it was $85 to see Avril Lavigne, and she's a one hit wonder, so perhaps asking $130 for Metallica isn't that much in comparison. *shrugs*

Is Metallica $130... farking hell!!! I would pay that to see them with Cliff on bass... But if Lars snare sound sounds anything like that new song, then you will spend half the gig with your fingers in your ears!!!

Ding dong... we have a winner! Production is only one part of an album! Albeit an important one, if the music is good enough it shouldn't matter.

But then again, it's cool to hate Metallica these days I suppose!