metallica live in germany

Oct 29, 2001
i just finished watching metallica live on mtv (with my father !:eek: ).
the setlist has been quite interesting:
- blackened
- no remorse
- harvester of sorrow
- welcome home
- for whom the bell tolls
- frantic
- the thing that should not be
- st. anger
- seek and destroy
- one
- battery
- master of puppets
- nothing else matters
- creeping death
- sad but true
- enter sandman

even if i've seen much better, the show has been good, with good (old) music, an acceptable amount of activity on stage, fireworks, and such. when the gig started, i wouldn't have hoped for so many old songs!!
what really annoyed me is that bass player... unfortunately (for him) nature hasn't been too kind with him, but at least he could avoid going around walking like a monkey and holding his bass so low that it's lower than his knees, damn. on the contrary, hammett is always sexy :loco:

on a side note, i can't really get into st.anger :erk:

That's an awesome setlist; those are all great songs, save for Frantic and St. Anger, which are both mediocre at best.

I listened to St. Anger at my bud's house - there is no way this is the same Metallica that I grew up on...ugh..I don't like the album at all. No solos? What the fuck?

I never thought i'd catch myself saying 'Compared to this Metallica release, fuel is listenable'. I think its very strange for a band like Metallica to put out such a...amateurish sounding album. Not well-thought, not well-written, not even well played. That bassist looks like he's in a perpetual state of "Wow, its Metallica! Dude!" and looks like the guy who mows our lawn. The album will still sell millions, I'm sure. But the next one?

I get the feeling they're trying to say 'we're still METALlica" only they aren't.

I agree with Wandrail.. and I hate when I have to say that :yell:
Get out of my head and make up your own oppinion man! :Smug:

:p