Metallica - Master of Puppets Cover With Vocals!

Hey, it's really great! I liked it, I even think that the drum was better than the original version :lol: - yeah I'm untrue.

Nice vocals, but in my opinion the Guitars are too much the same as the original, even if I heard some good difference in some lick or riff transition.

In my opinion if you do a cover, be sure - in addittion to the vocals - to make it interessting to hear, we don't want to hear just another version or the same as the original. But that's just my opinion and that cover was really well done, it show that you are actually good musician with great skills.

Hey, it's really great! I liked it, I even think that the drum was better than the original version :lol: - yeah I'm untrue.

Nice vocals, but in my opinion the Guitars are too much the same as the original, even if I heard some good difference in some lick or riff transition.

In my opinion if you do a cover, be sure - in addittion to the vocals - to make it interessting to hear, we don't want to hear just another version or the same as the original. But that's just my opinion and that cover was really well done, it show that you are actually good musician with great skills.

Hey thanks for the input guys.

Fetzer I know what you are saying, but this time I wanted to do something really close to the original. Just to try and see if we could do it. Anyway thanks for listening. :)

Thanks man.

Guitars: Jackson Kelly and Jackson RR3
Drums where mixed in EZ Drummer
Synth parts in Fruity Loops 5
And then POD XT Plugged into a Mixer. Nothing special really. The POD XT is great, I recommend that for anyone wanting a good tone.

I recorded this with my brother and we have only played two years so we haven't really recorded anything yet. My brother have recorded some really cool original stuff that he is working on at the moment. But next song might be Angry Again with Megadeth, or Electric Crown by Testament. I will post it here if it happens. Thanks again for checking it out. :)

Thanks man.

Guitars: Jackson Kelly and Jackson RR3
Drums where mixed in EZ Drummer
Synth parts in Fruity Loops 5
And then POD XT Plugged into a Mixer. Nothing special really. The POD XT is great, I recommend that for anyone wanting a good tone.

I recorded this with my brother and we have only played two years so we haven't really recorded anything yet. My brother have recorded some really cool original stuff that he is working on at the moment. But next song might be Angry Again with Megadeth, or Electric Crown by Testament. I will post it here if it happens. Thanks again for checking it out. :)

I have a pod xt, but i can't get it sounding that good! Tips/settings please? I have the metal pack also.

I have a pod xt, but i can't get it sounding that good! Tips/settings please? I have the metal pack also.

Hey man.

http://centraluplink.com/downloads/guitar/Pod Tones.rar

I uploaded the tones that I have, just download them and mess around.
I should say that my soundcard is really nice, Its a EWS 88 MT, and I use it to record digitally. So that helps to get a good sound while playing/recording. I don't know what set up you have, but a good sound card always helps.

Hm what else, just mess around with stuff and read and learn as much as possible. I know how awful it is to struggle with your tone, but after I got a new soundcard and POd XT I never looked back. hehe Good Luck. :)

Thanks a lot :)

I have a x-fi xtrememusic soundcard, it's pretty decent. I also use EZdrummer and soundfonts, they sound great.

Lol, why did you register in March 2006 and post your first 4 posts at August 2007?
Edit: This song is fantastic, keep up the good work! You have a very good cover here, and I love the drumming. The vocals, except for the pitch when it comes to raising it is very similar, and from what it sounds like- I think your entire band can be versatile with a variation of music. If your vocalist can immitate another, he can probably do this for practically any metal song.

Hey thanks a lot for the comments, I appreciate it. :)

I only speak when I have something important to say, at least I like to think so. lol

Anyhow, thanks a lot for all the comments. :)

Not bad. A few timing issues with the vocals and I didn't like the drum fills/beats or the mixing but the playing was cool.

Clean tone was nice.

haha thanks man. I enjoyed Trivum's version as well. Anyhow glad that you liked it! :headbang:
Maybe I should have down tuned the song as Trivium did, that would be fucking heavy lol