METALLICA: Pro-Shot Footage Of 'Through The Never' Performance From Amsterdam

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Professionally filmed video footage of METALLICA perfoming the song "Through The Never" on September 4 at Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam, The Netherlands can be seen below. As previously reported, METALLICA frontman James Hetfield narrowly avoided serious injury at the Amsterdam concert. METALLICA was performing the sixth song of its set, "Now That We're Dead", when Hetfield apparently took a wrong step and fell into a small hole on the stage that had just opened up, where one of four rectangular percussion tables was supposed to come up. A couple of crew members came over within seconds to help Hetfield get back on his feet as bassist Robert Trujillo and guitarist Kirk Hammett looked on with concern. After Hetfield was lifted back on stage, he continued playing the track while grimacing in pain. The frontman asked the audience after the incident, "Is everybody okay? Yes, I'm okay. My ego, not so much. But we're fine. Hurt my feelings a little bit." This is not the first stage accident that Hetfield has been involved in. During a 1992 stadium tour with GUNS N' ROSES, Hetfield suffered second-degree burns to his face, arms and hands after onstage pyro erupted too close to him during the song "Fade To Black". The European leg of METALLICA's "WorldWired" tour kicked off in Denmark on September 2 and will run through November. After a break, the trek will pick up again on February 1, 2018 in Lisbon, Portugal, and continue through May, finishing up in Helsinki, Finland.

Continue reading...