METALLICA's ROBERT TRUJILLO Throws His Weight Behind Crowdfunding Campaign For Movie

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
METALLICA bassist Robert Trujillo has recorded a video message in support of Don Cheadle's Indiegogo campaign to fund the forthcoming "Miles Ahead" film — Don's planned tribute to the life and works of legendary trumpeter Miles Davis. Don Cheadle makes his directorial debut and portrays the internationally renowned music icon. Filming takes place in Cincinnati beginning this month. Said Trujillo in the clip, which can be seen below: "Back in 2006, I had the good fortune to actually be on hand for Miles Davis' induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. It was in New York City and it was a great evening. And what a great moment — to celebrate his significance as a creative force in music and everything that has to do with Miles. A strong contigent of friends, family, supporters, fellow musicians of all styles [were also] on hand for the event. Around that time, I had heard about a feature film that was in the works about Miles Davis' story. Two years after that, I ran into his son, Aaron, a good friend of mine, and he said that Don Cheadle was on board to support this film and this project and he was committed to getting this film made. So here are are eight years later and 'Miles Ahead', the movie, is about to become a reality. But we need your help. We need your help by donating and supporting the Indiegogo, Don Cheadle-led crowdfunding campaign. So let's celebrate Miles Davis' story, his legacy, and let's contribute whatever we can to the cause and get this film made. It's historic, it's culture. Show your support. Thank you." Cheadle stated about the project: "Music has always been one of my passions. Since 6th grade, when I started listening to my parents' Miles Davis records, his artistry has been an inspiration to me; he was someone who only ever followed a path as a runway to create a new one. Surprisingly, Miles' life, his passion, his creativity, his fire have never been brought to life in a film and the fact that his family has chosen me to do this now is an honor. I want to tell a story that Miles himself would have wanted to see, something hip, cool, alive and ahead."

More...