Metallica's 'St. Anger' Verdict

Not a return to form, but rather an example of the band's further evolution. I mean, if metal fans hate it as much as they do, they must be doing *something* right! :lol:

It's the best thing they've done since ...And Justice. But it still falls way short of a worthy, brutal slab of Metal that Metallica used to be able to produce with ease. 6/10

Worst album ever.
production is...crap and annoying
(this is coming from a grind head as well!!)
musically is boring
the vocals suck
the lyrics are weak

more like st.ass

Gotta agree with you Clarky - I've seen puddles deeper than the lyrics on St. Anger.

I choose to pretend that they never made an album since Justice. Makes for less disapointment.

thehellishone said:
Gotta agree with you Clarky - I've seen puddles deeper than the lyrics on St. Anger.

I choose to pretend that they never made an album since Justice. Makes for less disapointment.

Well said , I'm lost for words to explain how bad they have become , they have not released a good record since Justice . They are a joke and a bloody bad one at that .

I saw them on the first tour but I would not go and see them now even if I was given a free ticket , drinks card and bag of hooch .

I think it has a few passable songs on it but the whole thing just sounds so contrived, at least the Loads didn't try to be anything they weren't but St Anger seems to try really hard to sound like the old stuff and fails miserably.
I'm going to listen to Ride the Lightning and cry :(