MetalMissionary.com searching Journalists

Abraxxas

The Metal Missionary
Jul 6, 2003
Hi, fellow metalheadz!

Are you willing, perhaps, to do the entire metal world a favour?
Nothing you won't enjoy; I'm thinking interviews with your favourite metal acts concerning albums they are soon to release, prelistenings, backstage passes - all that which comes with the profession a journalist at a metal webzine.

With in soon will be launched a huge project that is a metal community + webzine. The site is done, and I have only got some paperwork and financial agreements to take care of before I am ready to start it all up.

For those of you who aren't accustomed to webzines, there are some slight differences between a webzine and a printed magazine.
First of all, we don't hand out one bunch of articles every month or something, but publish every article as it's done. This will keep us much more up-2-date than a common magazine, but also, it is a privilege for the author, thou he no longer has no deadlines to worry about. Of course, if it concerns a prelistening or anything such, it is still a good idea if the article is published some time before the album is released.
Moreover, we are not bound to a number of pages. If you write a long article, we will not have to cut it into pieces to find space for it as we publish it. Nor do we require you to write incredibly long articles just to fill empty space. As long as you write a good article, and all worth saying is said, the amount of words doesn't really matter.

For more information, please see http://it02.lbs.se/it02david/asp/mm/
There you will also find the ability to submit your interest to become a writer to our database.

Thanks for your time,
David Hedlund

I cant man, I'm too young and there wont be anyone that comes down to Australia. Oh well,

Already applied!! :)
I just forgot to add that I have some experience at computer stuff: I know php and some programming languages (C/C++), if that's useful...

@SilentRealm: If nothing happens? Don't count on nothing to happen.
I just sent away 10 hand-written emails to people who have submitted their interest, and I collected four new submissions as well. I will answer them as soon as time is given.
This is really turning out for the better! I'm delighted to see how many there are willing to write for my magazine just the fun of it.

The only genre I havn't received any submission to so far is the Gothic / Epic one. You think I should change that one (as if for example those who listen to gothic select melodic instead, the genres kind of dip into one another), or have I just been asking at the wrong kind of places?

Thanks for showing such great interest, everyone!

right now i just submitted what i am most passionate about as a way to get started.. other genre's are no problem, but i just wanted to show my writing style first up more than anything..

Yes, that is of course true, and I can see why people in the SyX forum will select progressive, but I've written the very same post in 11 other forums :p

I would like to have somebody who actually wrote mainly for each genre.

Wow! Journalism and heavy metal... actually my two favorite things!!! I have been a metal musician and journalist for a couple of years. I am willing to hustle and work hard! I applied in a heartbeat. I can also write about other styles, not just in each genre.

Thank you so much Abraxxas!

Heeh...do i love this response?
Oh, yes i do...

Thank YOU for submitting your interest, shred...

Heeh...nah, I haven't had any contact with him yet. I have been off the internet for the weekend so I have not even been able to ask him to send me anything.

However the team counts up to four people now.

Oh, I love e-mails so you won't bug me with 'em.
But since you brought it on topic here, here is where I will answer it (thus keeping the thread alive, which of course suits me as well \,,/)

I have told you already that I will need a webhost to upload my site, and that I will be able to get this webhost for 40% of the normal price. What I have not told you is that this is because I am about to start a webdesign company with a friend of mine, through which I will sign a co-operation agreement with the webhost. Thus we will get it cheaper for all our clients.

So when the webdesign company is kicked off (I do not expect it to steal any time from MetalMissionary.com, btw) I will be able to create a webhost account through my company. The papers should be ready to sign, and we have the money, so we just have to complete our own website before that project can be launched. It shouldn't be very long now. However, I will be off for a week now (still getting e-mail so keep spamming me) so I wont be able to work any further this week. But as soon as possible, I promise!

"And the world is like a shiny diamond
The way it glitters if you polish it right
And if the light should turn and leave you blinded
Take the dream and give it one more try"

Well, i have in mind to write something, but i will wait til my pictures arrive. I have taken over 50 photos, i hope at least some of them are good enough to publish...my camera broke while crowd surfing :eek:
But since i am to you only a guy with the intention to launch a webzine, i think i should make a precaution: i do not intend to write something serious. you should not judgme either for writing lowercase 'i', and all such while writing this, nor should you judge me for what im gonna write about wacken. i can write good, but i have too many good stories caught on photo to write something serious, instead i have decided to just tell about all the things that happened, the festival life and the bands of course. it wont be a proper article but hopefully it will be some times fun reading. and hopefully i will get my pictures in somewhat a week from now...

Til then i should only tell you it was great!