Methods of getting paid online? Also Paypal changes agreement.

ForHerDeadEyes

Señor Member
Jan 24, 2011
Sweden
http://www.ghacks.net/2015/06/03/paypal-accept-robocalls-and-automated-texts-or-close-your-account/

I do have paypal, and I've only used it to pay for things that require it.
Some day, maybe this year or the next, I would like to have a way of recieving donations, etc. for my music.

I'm not sure about the alternatives, I've heard about the horrors of paypal in the US, I'm in Sweden, not sure what universal thing there is?
I know there's bitcoin, but I haven't figured out how to use that yet.

Bitcoin is not a "method of getting paid", it's a different currency, you don't want to mess with that. I've been using Paypal both for buying stuff and for getting paid for editing/mixing/etc. jobs for a few years now and never had a problem, it's the safest and easiest way to send and receive payments online nowadays I think.

I think PayPal is more than fine and I use it for 99% of transactions, but you really just need a platform that hooks in with various other payment providers. Look into Square perhaps?

I think PayPal is more than fine and I use it for 99% of transactions, but you really just need a platform that hooks in with various other payment providers. Look into Square perhaps?

Square is probably a good bet, I've used it a lot with friends and it's pretty painless to send a payment to someone so I imagine it would work nicely for clients dropping you a payment via email now and again.

I don't know how to feel about the Paypal changes tho, I mostly use it with ebay and I don't think it's even possible to use an alternative there?