Metric Halo Channelstrip VST, anyone get the sidechain working?

AdamWathan

Apr 12, 2002
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
I can't get Channelstrip to react to my sidechain whatsoever in Reaper. I feel like it is coded to be used specifically with the "Sidechain" input that is in the Pro Tools plugin window. Normally with Reaper, I just set my track to be 4 channels instead of 2 and send my sidechain to channels 3/4 and it works but not so with MHCS... Gonna be really bummed if I don't get this working!!

Nope just Mac.

Greyskull, that's fucking retarded. You would think they would mention that on the website?! They advertise the fuck out of it's sidechain capability but it doesn't work for 2/3 of the potential user base, awesome. Fucking idiots.
Fair enough, there has to be sometimes some things that you mac os users can have that we can't :)

On a related note, I'm using the demo until I get my license transfer from the dude I bought it from and it won't save my settings. Is this an actual limitation of the demo or am I encountering something that is going to be very bad news when I get my license? Nowhere on the site does it mention any demo limitations, it seems like it's just a 12 day license for the full version, there's no separate installer for the demo.

On a related note, I'm using the demo until I get my license transfer from the dude I bought it from and it won't save my settings.

I had the issue with SSL Duende plugins in reaper, when I checked off the "save as bank" (or sth like that, I'm at work so can't fire up reaper) in the vst plugin pannel it started working.

Ok if I uncheck "Save as Bank" it will save the Channelstrip settings, however, when I reload the project I just got a brutally loud buzz coming out of my speakers instead of any actual playback. So there must be some other plugin I am using that DOES need "Save as Bank" enabled, so I am fucked.