mic placing with drums.

Seizure.

Jul 13, 2005
holland
www.seizure-music.com
greatings!!

i'm doing a drumtake in a few weeks from now

the style will be punk/hardcore &metalcore. (doing two bands )
Its a Taye drumkit with some reasonable cymbals. (an anatolian splash&china rest is prolly zyldjian/sabian..)

i'm looking for the Hatesphere - The Sickness Within (and especially in songs like seeds of hate) kinda drum sound and i wanna come as close as i can with just micing it correctly..

so i would like some advice from you guys on mic placing. (and possibly chosing some mics..)
the mics will be (oh god help me..)

d112 kick (i can get me a sm52)
sennheiser e604 toms (how are E609's on this? i got two of those..)
SM57 bottom and top snare.
not sure about overheads yet, i got AKG C430's/C1000's and some crappy behringers which are out of the question..

and i'm thinking of getting 2 c414's for the main OH, so in that case what could i use for micing other individual cymbals with the mics i have?

next to that i'm using an octopre platinum 8 channel micpre into a protools HD system and i'm still wondering if i'll use the micpre's in the hd system or an old macky table i realy like previously...

and ANY links/foto's/sounds to any cool micplacing tips and so would be friggin' awesome...

and the rooms like 5 by 5 meters and i'm not sure how high.. plastered walls with issolation in the corners...

and help (foto's!!!) on toms especially would mighty apreciated!!

thanks.