Michael Schenker vs. Uli Jon Roth vs. Wolf Hoffmann

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
Who is the best German guitarist ? A newer guitar hero could be your choice... Stephan Lill is pretty awesome......

My personal choice is Wolf by a landslide. Why ? He has mastered combining traditional metal solos with blues and classical. He isn't as flashy or technical as Mike or Uli, but damned is he consistent at playing the coolest sounding solos and fills there is. Everything he does sounds great in my ears, not just a few particular songs...... though I do have my faves.

What about you ?

Bryant

Uli. His material with me is all over the place, but when he's on, there is no one better (see Sails of Charon, Pictured Life, etc.). Plus, his brother Zeno is one of my favorite guitarists ever.

Super sad he had to bow out of the tour with Yngwie earlier this summer (not his fault). :erk:

Kai Hansen?

Anyway, I'd vote for Uli. My ears are still ringing from a club show that I saw him at a few years ago. Shame that he never figured out that he couldn't sing...

I'd have to go with Uli Roth, To me he has always just did what he does and if people get into it good, if not , that's ok too.

Michael has been too inconsistent through the years IMO, mining the commercial gold

and I just never got into Accept very much after Restless and Wild.