Microphone Frequency Response comparison tool

@bryan_kilco - sorry for the late response; I just saw your question.

The "price finder" feature pulls microphone prices twice a day from all the vendors included in the system. There are about 10 vendors included at the moment, all US based.

The prices shown can't really be "too high;" they're actually current street prices from the biggest online sellers of pro audio gear.

It's worth noting that my site tracks pricing and notices when the price of something drops below a certain threshold. These "price drops" are listed in one place, making it very easy to spot sales:
http://recordinghacks.com/microphones-on-sale/

E.g. the Apex 205 long-geometry ribbon mic for $85, free shipping included. That's a steal.

Some mics never go on sale, sadly, but any that do are very likely to show up at that page noted above.

ace, the funny thing is, looking at those charts; a lot of the time, my ears/experience are so vastly different.
Take the SE Titan for example; looks like a pretty bright/flat mic.
Nope... Dark/Smooth awesome on bass...
Wierd

ace, the funny thing is, looking at those charts; a lot of the time,
my ears/experience are so vastly different.
Wierd

The published charts don't always show proximity effect. Usually the charts are
produced at a 1m distance from the source. But you probably use the mic a lot
closer than that, and therefore you're hearing a low-end boost due to proximity.

ace, the funny thing is, looking at those charts; a lot of the time, my ears/experience are so vastly different.
Wierd

+1...same with speakers. I have never successfully used a freq chart to predict what a mic or speaker is going to sound like, or to decide between two of them.