Micstand/arm attached on cabinet

noarin

Producer / Engineer
Apr 16, 2006
Ok, I've been looking for a micstand, actually it's more like a mic arm; that you can attach to your cabinet.. I've seen some bands use it and it seems quite handy..

here's a picture of it:

6842528-0-display.jpg

does anybody know where to get these (in europe) and if there are any downsides to it?

thanks in advance!

I haven't tried these but how do you sweep the mic to the right (towards the cab clip) without having to move the mic backwards

well this was just a bad example.. hehe, I've seen "micstandarms" (lol) that could move in any direction; I really like to know where to get these and if there are any disadvantages in sound or something!

Hmm, good point; I remember when I had my 5150 combo sitting on the floor and was mic'ing it up with a boom stand, and the ridiculous rumble traveled up the stand into the mic and caused some icky phasing. I'd imagine a clip on thing would be even worse!

You can do one yourself. Get a clamp like this one and attach a gooseneck to it.
I've made one for myself and works just great. Maybe you want to make a small rubberpad for the clamp, just not to ding your cab.

sounds like a plan.. but me being as lazy as I am, do you know any shops that sell them? I've seen other bands use it; and I don't think they built them like that! any idea what it's called?

I know they sell something similar for drums, actually drum accessories' stores have loads of cool gadgets that could come in handy for what you need.
Or you might want to look for one of these.

ah sweet, those kinds of things were what what I was looking for!
talk about handy!

Well i made one it actually works pretty well and sound guys love it ..

1. peavey drum mics they come with clips u need one of those clips then clamp i on to teh top of teh cab tighten it has tight as possible then counter drill a hole on teh top of the clip into the edge on ur cab it works wonders mine hasnt moved for liek 2 years .. if u want ill post a picture of mine