Mike Mangini on Time Warp

Aaron Smith

Envisage Audio
Feb 10, 2006
Seattle, WA
Not sure if any of you watch the show "Time Warp" on the Discovery channel, but basically they film different things at an extremely high frame rate so that it can be played back in slow motion and examined. This bit with Mike Mangini is very interesting, and just wait until you see the snare head on a normal snare hit, as well as a cymbal hit!

Last edited by a moderator:

Get the fuck out of here...

That was ridiculous! I can't believe it actually behaves like that, could it be some optical illusion or something? I mean, the cymbal especially looks freakin' fluid!

It's nice to see them actually doing something useful with those cameras, last I watched it looked like all of the shiny doodads from Mythbusters without any actual entertainment value.

(Yes, motherfuckers, Mythbusters has entertainment value. Mythbusters fucking wins.)

Jeff

Fucking amazing. Mike Mangini is one of my favorite drummers ever. Saw him play with Steve Vai in 1997 on the Fire Garden tour, one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Wooooww.... wtf!

Talk about "real world" being deceiving huh. Well, the part of the real world we can observe seems one way... and when we start seeing things that we cannot see due to our limitations, it's absolutely mind twistingly weird. That would be one thing if I saw that while dreaming but... dude, damn! :D

And yes, Mike Mangini = <3
Even though he is an "extreme" drummer, he is really really down to earth about everything, I love that.

Hahah, for ONCE I get the opportunity to say:

OLD.

:lol: Still cool anyway though.

Bump. I just found this and was going to post it but it looks like I'm rather late. I really need to get caught up with this whole internet thing.