MIKE PATTON Doesn't Rule Out More FAITH NO MORE Shows: 'If Something Happens, It'll Happen...

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Mike Patton says that FAITH NO MORE is "on an extended break," two years after the release of the band's acclaimed comeback album, "Sol Invictus". Patton joined FAITH NO MORE in 1989, one year after the departure of original singer Chuck Mosley. Patton sang on the band's Grammy-nominated major label debut "The Real Thing" and was the group's frontman on all its subsequent albums. The influential influential alt-metal act initially reunited for touring purposes in 2009, twelve years after issuing its previous studio set, "Album Of The Year", and followed that up with the aforementioned "Sol Invictus". Patton, who is on the road with his latest project, DEAD CROSS, was asked by Full Metal Jackie's nationally syndicated radio show if there was anything he could share about the current status of FAITH NO MORE. He responded (hear audio below): "No. I mean, I would share, but I don't know anything, so… We're kind of on an extended break. And if something happens, it'll happen organically and naturally. But I kind of don't think it will. I kind of feel like we've tipped the scales a little bit. But we'll see. Who knows? I've learned my lesson not to say 'no.'" Patton stressed that he didn't close the door on any future shows with FAITH NO MORE. "It's one of those things. It's kind of like going to a family reunion, and you get along with your uncle, and then you're, like, 'Oh, we're gonna go to the next barbecue. Okay. Fine,'" he said. "I mean, that's really the way it is with us." In addition to Patton, DEAD CROSS features drummer Dave Lombardo (SLAYER, SUICIDAL TENDENCIES, MISFITS), bassist Justin Pearson (THE LOCUST, RETOX, HEAD WOUND CITY) and guitarist Michael Crain (RETOX, FESTIVAL OF DEAD DEER). The self-titled debut album from DEAD CROSS was released on August 4 via Ipecac Recordings.

Continue reading...