Mike Portnoy news!

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
Former DREAM THEATER drummer Mike Portnoy has officially announced his new project as the ADRENALINE MOB, also featuring SYMPHONY X singer Russell Allen, guitarist Rich Ward (STUCK MOJO, FOZZY), guitarist Mike Orlando and bassist Paul DiLeo (NENA).

254991_223834590967524_116713035013014_864346_1476872_n.jpg

The band's intimate live debut is confirmed for June 24th at The Hiro Ballroom in New York City.

According to a band update, Adrenaline Mob "will be playing a sneak preview of songs from their upcoming debut album as well as a few classic covers!"

FOZZY?? isnt that Chris Jericho's band??

That's correct.

http://www.metalstorm.net/pub/interview.php?interview_id=602

The link above is an interview with Russell Allen of Symphony X. In the 2nd part he talks about a side-project with Mike Portnoy. For those who don't fancy checking out the interview, he describes it as "...a modern rock band...imagine Rob Zombie meets Black Label Society....meets Disturbed....but with Dio on Vocals!"

Either way should be interesting to see how this project turns out!

Hmm, not sure how I feel about this. Portnoy plus Allen should equal "metal supergroup" and it seems instead they're doing a radio rock record. I was hoping for something to rival Avantasia!

Not what I expected to come out of Portnoy, but I suppose now he's doing what he wants to do.

Not sure I'll be checking this out though, as much as it sounds like a great lineup. I'll see what kind of music they come out with...

Been waiting to hear what this project would be called for a long time. Not a big fan of the name or the description of what they sound like (Rob Zombie? BLS? No, thanks...) but I'll at least check out a single. Russell Allen and Portnoy together is definitely something I've wanted to hear for ages.