Mike's favorite albums of 2007

Advent1

Feb 19, 2006
usa
fiound this off the roadrunner website...

Mikael Åkerfeldt (OPETH)

01. THE ZOMBIES - Odessey and Oracle (reissue)
02. PORCUPINE TREE - Fear of a Blank Planet
03. BLOODBATH - Unblessing of the Purity
04. SCOTT WALKER - And Who Shall Go to the Ball? And What Shall Go to the Ball?
05. ANEKDOTEN - A Time of Day
06. DREAM THEATER - Systematic Chaos
07. COMUS - Live at the Tarmonia Restaurant
08. CARMEN - Reissues
09. THE KNIFE - Silent Shout
10. KENT - Tillbaka Till Samtiden

:loco:

fiound this off the roadrunner website...

Mikael Åkerfeldt (OPETH)

01. THE ZOMBIES - Odessey and Oracle (reissue)
02. PORCUPINE TREE - Fear of a Blank Planet
03. BLOODBATH - Unblessing of the Purity
04. SCOTT WALKER - And Who Shall Go to the Ball? And What Shall Go to the Ball?
05. ANEKDOTEN - A Time of Day
06. DREAM THEATER - Systematic Chaos
07. COMUS - Live at the Tarmonia Restaurant
08. CARMEN - Reissues
09. THE KNIFE - Silent Shout
10. KENT - Tillbaka Till Samtiden

:loco:

Mnay DT bashers will be sad to see this list....hahahha.....anywayz.....good for him......I like Octavarium more ..hahaha.....cant wait for the tour...and I need to check out this Walker guy...everyones singing his praises....PEAC EOUT

^It is an ep and it blows. iirc it's the soundtrack for some weird ballet or something. Basically bizarre machine noises + bartók-like music...no voice. doesn't work imo.

The Zombies-"Odyessy and Oracle." excellent album. I remember when this first came out. I really like the Anekdoten. And the PT is too high. FOABP is a good album, but I'm hearing "re-treads." PT-"been there and heard that before." syndrome.

I agree with Bloodsword about PT retreading ground. I feel like In Abentia was the last album i though "Wow, this is new and well balanced." Deadwing I liked, but don't often go back to. FOABP I also liked, but go back to even less. Anesthetize is incredible and I like the end of the title track as well. Other parts of the album are good, but how could they record the end of Sentimental and not think "we're literally playing Trains right now." I just cant imagine that getting through a rehearsal without coming up.

I was personally very dissapointed with FOABP - it seemed so uninspired and unoriginal. Really not what I was expecting from Wilson. I don't ever play that album...

I actually loved FOABP. Way Out of Here is probably one of my fave PT songs ever. That and Anesthetize is really epic.