Mikkel Discusses "The Hours That Remain"

PurpleCrayonWriter

Just a Kid at Heart
Hi again,

I recently posted a short follow-up interview with Mikkel Sandager of Mercenary. When I got my hands on Mercenary's upcoming release The Hours That Remain I contacted Mikkel for another interview.

If you'd like to know some info behind the scenes of The Hours That Remain (including why Kral left the band and what the impact was on Mikkel), visit www.NotesFromTheOtherSide.com.

Bill

mtndewqueen88 said:
Oh man, this makes me so ready for the new album. Thanks for the interview, I'm really loving your website.

Thank you so much. I appreciate that.

The new Mercenary album is very good. But it's different from 11 Dreams. If you expect a repeat of 11 Dreams, you'll be disappointed. I think they built on the sound and attitude of 11 Dreams and created something extremely solid. The Hours That Remain is easily one of the best albums of the year. Live, it ought to kick some major butt at PPUSA.

Bill

DarkTide said:
Nice job, Bill .... thanks also for getting an answer to the Kral question. It sounds like Mercenary will have a hell of a set ready for us in September.

Britt

You're welcome! The question about Kral posted on the PPUSA Forum prompted me to ask Mikkel. It just worked out well, too. As I spoke to Mikkel about Hours, what he told me just naturally lead into my question about Kral.

Mikkel is a great guy to talk to. Very giving of his time. And a fantastic vocalist.

I gotta say, when I started the Notes site, I didn't know much about Mercenary. But after interviewing Mikkel twice now (and listening to all of their CDs) I'm so stoked about their set that I can't wait to see them!

Bill

I cheated and listened to Redefine Me some time ago, and it's quite clear it's Mikkel's fustrations over Kral leaving. It doesn't change however, the fact that it's a FANTASTIC song.

Layers! Thats whats different! Damn, I've been trying to explain to myself what the hell was the difference between this new album and 11 dreams... thanks for the interview, I can rest easy now. :)