Mindcrime in San Antonio & Dallas this weekend...

Dave - Power of Omens

some guitar player
Aug 13, 2002
Dallas, TX USA
powerofomens.com
Just thought I would let everyone know that Chris will be performing with his band Mindcrime in San Antonio on Friday night at Sam's Burger Joint, and in Dallas on Saturday night at the Indigo Club

http://www.z-lot-z.net/mindcrimedates.htm

The San Antonio show will also include another band on the MetalAges roster of bands, Byfist!!! Make sure to get there early to catch these guys as well!!!

~D

Hmm. Dave I know it is not right, but I still harbor some negative feelings about Chris going to another band. I think side projects are healthy, but to drop PofO all together... I do not know.

Dave

OmDave said:
Hmm. Dave I know it is not right, but I still harbor some negative feelings about Chris going to another band. I think side projects are healthy, but to drop PofO all together... I do not know.

Dave
I know how you feel Dave... because I still harbor some of those feelings as well...and Chris knows it... he's well aware of it. It really pissed me off when both guys left the band... but I eventually got over it. Of the two, I still talk to Chris quite a bit though... and he knows what he did, and knows where I stand with my feelings. He's expressed some regret, and has even mentioned the thought of possibly wanting to return. He felt that he needed the time away, and thinks that by doing so really made him appreciate what he had with the band and made him realize his mistake in leaving. However, this doesn't mean that he's back in... we've explained to him that we've been auditioning some people who are very good possible replacements who's willing to relocate for us and willing to be devoted and 100% loyal. When he left, his loyalty to the band was left questionable, especially during the hard times we were going through. He's aware of this and is being very respectable towards our decision to continue looking for someone who is worthy of the position, and willing to be there with us through thick and thin and not bail on us when times get hard. That's not to say that maybe Chris wouldn't one day be a part of Power of Omens again... but for now, we're weighing our options and looking out for the band's best interest. He respects that, and as long as he does, I'll support whatever he does outside of Power of Omens. I'll be honest, it's not easy... but if there's a way that we can keep things civil then who knows what possibilities lie ahead for all of us. :)

~D

Well put Dave. I'm sure that a lot of us who've been in bands have gone down
that same that road. It'd hard to lose people like that, especially members who
have been with u through thick and thin. Chris is a great talent but i can see why it would be hard to let him back in the band. Like i said, i've gone thru the
same situation. The good thing is that your're still in contact with him, in most
cases that does'nt even exist with other bands and former members. That show's true character that is missing these days. You are for real David,
a true gentleman.
Tank

Tank101 said:
Well put Dave. I'm sure that a lot of us who've been in bands have gone down
that same that road. It'd hard to lose people like that, especially members who
have been with u through thick and thin. Chris is a great talent but i can see why it would be hard to let him back in the band. Like i said, i've gone thru the
same situation. The good thing is that your're still in contact with him, in most
cases that does'nt even exist with other bands and former members. That show's true character that is missing these days. You are for real David,
a true gentleman.
Tank
Thanks Tank!!!!

In all honesty, despite the fact that the band eventually becomes somewhat of a business, you have to learn how to be professional about certain issues, and you have to put the whole friendship part aside.... but none-the-less, the friendship is still there no matter what happens between each other professionally. Chris and I have had our share of disagreements in the past, but it never meant the end of our friendship... On the other hand, sometimes it CAN affect a friendship... but you move on. You know.... if someone would have asked me 2 or 3 weeks ago if I would have gone to see Mindcrime perform... I probably would have said no. The anger for me was still too fresh... to see the singer of the band I played with for 9 years singing with another band, would have been a bit too difficult to watch. When you're with a group of people for such a long time, it almost becomes like a marriage...and it would have been like watching your wife go screw another guy for the first time... it's not easy to do. Of course Chris is not a woman, and I'm not gay so I got over things alot quicker... LMAO!! :lol: Since all of this happened, I've learned how to cope with things a bit better, and now I think I can actually go support him and feel good knowing he's doing something he's happy with.

~D

Dave & Tank I am in agreement with you both. Now I have to be honest as a fan. It has been difficult to listen to my PofO CDs. When I heard these CDs in the past, I thought often, WOW what a cohesive, complex and emotional band. Clearly, this band understands dedication, sacrifice and compromise as dynamics internally to be this good. As great music created in a band/group environment can be like childbirth (very painful). Now I do not know what to say or think. I do agree, the future looks very bright with Derron in the fold (Key!!). Therefore, as I go through this transition with the band (sounds odd) it maybe some time before I listen to Eyes… or Rooms… as my notion of the band is changing but not my loyalty.

In my past, I have never participated in forums like this and have held the opinion that they are a usually a waste of time. Likewise, I have never been dedicated to a metal band like this. Therefore, this Band and this forum are different and I am grateful.

Peace

Dave - Power of Omens said:
When you're with a group of people for such a long time, it almost becomes like a marriage...and it would have been like watching your wife go screw another guy for the first time... it's not easy to do. Of course Chris is not a woman, and I'm not gay so I got over things alot quicker... LMAO!! :lol: ~D

:lol: Classic! I busted out laughing when I read these lines. You are far from being gay Dave. Not that there is anything wrong with that!

OmDave said:
Dave & Tank I am in agreement with you both. Now I have to be honest as a fan. It has been difficult to listen to my PofO CDs. When I heard these CDs in the past, I thought often, WOW what a cohesive, complex and emotional band. Clearly, this band understands dedication, sacrifice and compromise as dynamics internally to be this good. As great music created in a band/group environment can be like childbirth (very painful). Now I do not know what to say or think. I do agree, the future looks very bright with Derron in the fold (Key!!). Therefore, as I go through this transition with the band (sounds odd) it maybe some time before I listen to Eyes… or Rooms… as my notion of the band is changing but not my loyalty.

In my past, I have never participated in forums like this and have held the opinion that they are a usually a waste of time. Likewise, I have never been dedicated to a metal band like this. Therefore, this Band and this forum are different and I am grateful.

Peace
Heya Dave,

I completely respect that and totally understand. It's not easy for me to hear those songs either... unfortunately for me, I don't have a choice because of the auditions...heheh

Anyway... it's great having you here on this forum, and we totally respect all of your input and opinions. I think it's great to see alot of interaction amongst each other.... it definitely brings a smile to my face everytime I see a new post or a reply from someone. We may be few in #'s on this forum, but at least you guys are keeping it alive. :) Thank you so much for being here!!! This will always be a home, not only for the band, but mainly for all of youl!!!

;)

~D

I really need to buy you guys a drink so we can all kick back,
relax, and hang out. We should all be happy man. PoO is still here,
they never left. As far as listening to the songs omdave, just remember
those are moments captured in time my friend. You should'nt feel that way.
PoO just closed the chapter in their book and are beginning another one.
The story will continue on Omdave, do not deny eyes or rooms because
of that. It will always be a part of their story. So go ahead, pull out those
cd's and enjoy like you've always had and for GOD'S sake, get the pit
ready!!!!!!!!

Tank

"The sea was angry that day, my friends. Like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli"