Mindflow signs Record and Management deal

J-Man

Old as Yoda
Jan 11, 2005
Texas
Brazil’s premier rock band MINDFLOW have announced that they have signed two major US recording deals within the past few months: earlier this year, Mindflow signed a management deal with Frank James’ Rage On Stage Management which has now led them to sign with Nightmare Records who will release the band’s fourth studio album, With Bare Hands, early next year.

Nightmare Records President/Founder, Lance King comments: “I had worked with Mindflow in some capacity throughout the band’s career, even before they released their first album. I’ve watched them evolve and had the pleasure of knowing them not only as an amazingly talented band, but also as true gentlemen. When I was approached about releasing this new album, my answer was very simply ‘yes’.”

Mindflow Guitarist Rodrigo Hidalgo also comments: “Being with Nightmare gives us an opportunity to reach a much wider audience and to become part of the US music industry. We are all aware that in order to truly break through, we are going to have to do it in the US, European and Asian markets as well as South America. This record deal gives us that opportunity.”

The new album With Bare Hands, features most tracks produced by Ben Grosse (MARILYN MANSON, SLIPKNOT, DISTURBED) and the others by the band themselves. Nightmare will release the album in February, 2011. The band plans to tour extensively throughout next year.

Watch the video for "Break Me Out" from the new album below:

Last edited by a moderator:
FUTURES END just signed with the same mgmt co. and are lining up a US tour- said to be a 2 band tour. Any possibility that these guys are that other band?????

Now I'm not trying to down, discredit, or cause a stink with anyone/anything, but to me it's always seemed like Nightmare is just a distributor rather than a true record label. Granted I'm not on the inside - just things I've gathered from a few bands that have been or are affiliated with Nightmare. I've heard no real complaints though so obviously Nightmare is treating the bands well. I rather enjoy a lot of bands associated with Nightmare, but I guess my limited knowledge of record labels affords me some ignorance about them. If anything I'm just interested in the process when dealing with a band just to clarify what makes Nightmare a Record Label rather than just a Distributor.

As far as Mindflow - I was under the impression they were doing fairly well on their own. What brought about the change in management/signing?

I'd imagine it's difficult to set things up in the USA on your own from Brazil, this is probably a (good) decision to lessen the burden.

It's a smart decision. I wouldn't exactly call it difficult, but 9 out of 10 times, the bands in Brazil are not really aware of what the US scene is like. So a band that's accustomed to play in Brazil every night for say anywhere from 800-2000 people isn't always aware they will be playing for 30-200 people here. A lot of times that causes the band to simply not want to even bother anymore with the country. It's almost suicidal to come and do things "in the dark."

If anything I'm just interested in the process when dealing with a band just to clarify what makes Nightmare a Record Label rather than just a Distributor.

Distributor: someone who DISTRIBUTES already printed CDs for a band.
Record label: someone who prints up, distributes and promotes CDs for a band.

Nightmare Records are both, depending on the situation. Some bands have a record deal / licensing deal with NR, other bands have a distribution deal with NR.