minidisk to computer

Faelivrin said:
hm... i have sth like minidisk.. but it is little shit that i put into USB whole.. .hy hy... are you talking about sth like this? :)
well it's no problem to connect the minidisk to the computer, but i would like to put stuff from my minidisk on the computer so i can burn it on cd. sony doesn't seem to suport that, though i know mariner and others don't have problems to put the gigs they recorded on cd, so i'd like to know what program they use for that

siderea the md walkmans don't have optical line out to connect it and write digital your md stuff to Computer...
But with a simple cable you can link your md and write analog to pc...(line out from md(headphones if you don't have line out to the line in of the soundcard))
I suggest Cool Edit programm i have 2.0 version i don't know if a newer to record it, cause you can cut single songs, equalize it etc...
remember from volume control to select for recording control to select line in and to find the best rec vol. for line in!

if you have any questions ask me..

For completely digital record you have to own MD Deck that it has a Optical Line Out and even Cd recorder deck at your stereo to write it without pc, or 1 soundcard that it has Optical In...
The most soundcard onboards has only optical out, so the only thing you can do is with your walkman to pass from PC to MD walkman digital but not the opposite...

Use something like Adobe Audition or Sony Sound Forge to capture the sound then use an analogue cable (like Giorgos said) to record the whole thing into your computer's line in. It's easy to divide the waves in this two apps. Cheers.