Miseration – Your Demons - Their Angels

genocide roach

DOOOOOOOOOOM
Aug 18, 2002
Miseration – Your Demons - Their Angels
Life Force – LFR 087-2 – 28 October 2008
By Ryan Starr

61wlzMw%2B--L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

If you haven’t noticed, I haven’t been doing a whole lot of reviewing lately. Why, you might ask? I simply just got tired of reviewing one bad release after another. But then I received an unexpected package from Life Force Records. I’m so glad I did, because not only was this a great album, but it has inspired me to tell you all about it.

Your Demons- Their Angels is the debut album from Miseration, which showcases a Swedish melodic death metal style. I hear a big Hypocrisy influence with a myriad of other flavors, to include: Opeth, Arch Enemy, Extol, and Dimmu Borgir. Miseration is much darker than your average In Flames worship, and thank Satan for that. If I heard one more In Flames rip off, I was going to castrate the band with a rusty hacksaw.

All these different styles create a multi faceted sound with so many layers that you can’t possibly get it all in one listen. But not only is the music complex, but it’s also incredibly groovy. Yes there, is some Scar Symmetry chunk mixed in, but where this debut really shines is in the mid tempo black metal parts. In the song 'Seven are the Sins', we hear their black metal influence come to the forefront. It’s this influence that really sets Miseration apart from the rest of the melodeath bands, it’s also probably the reason I like this CD so much.

Now it seems impossible to remove the name Scar Symmetry from the buzz about this band. Christian Alvestam fronts this band, and he does a fantastic job, probably a better than any of his previous work. Not only are his vocals better, but Miseration is simply the better band. Every aspect of Miseration is superior. To put it more simply: this kicks ass, buy it now

Official Miseration Myspace
Official Life Force Website

more notable than the presence of Christian would be the other half of the band who fronts Divinefire... a band that could easily draw comparisons for their Power/Death brand of christian metal that is both hillarious and sick at the same time