3. Euphony of our triumph
4. Abandoned unhallowed
5. I love them dead
6. Satans servant
7. Dechristianize
8. Semblance of hypocrisy
9. For our father
10. Celestial obsequies

Swedish band Misericordia were highly impressive on their previous release 'Erase the Skies', so to see this in an envelope from Downfall Records brought a smile to my face in the early hours.

'The end of an era' does not hang around either, battering out black metal violence from the off. If you like it fast, relentless and punishing, and bands like Dark Funeral, Setherial and Marduk are your thing (which happily, they are mine), then you must have a listen to the lesser known but equally as fantastic Misericordia.

'Discreation' has a more laid back beginning but you can feel the pace picking up before delivering a million volts of pure hysterical white noise blackness that only the Scandinavians can truly deliver, and this track is very reminiscent of Enslaved at times. With other blinders such as the pandemonium inducing, Emperor style thrasher 'Satans servant' and the blasphemous life threatener 'For our father', which has an edge of Deicide at their best in places, Misericordia have detonated a stunning album that not only matches the promise of the EP it hacks out its life supply, burns it and leaves it for dead.

With a healthy combination of Benton-esque growls, high end snarls with great power and length, Mayhem style production reverb and a drummer that refuses to die, this lot have a massive amount of appeal, and they don't forget to really RIFF as well! 'I love them dead' for example is crammed full of stunning riffs.

Hyper speed black metal at its very best.

Paul Raw Nerve

Related Link:
http://www.misericordia.nu