Mix done in about an hour

fuimjb

Feb 21, 2010
Here's a mix I threw together in about an hour. This is a song my band is working on, just wanted to get it down so the idea would stick. Tell me what you guys think of the song and of the mix. Trying to get my foot in the door as far as home recording goes. Having a blast doing it and look forward to learning a lot from you guys! Feel free to bash it as much as you like too.:headbang:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5191375/31510.mp3

I don't understand people that post threads were they "throw" something together in an hour. Is it to impress what you can achieve in an hour or an excuse that it sounds like ass? I tend to skip threads that says stuff like that so If you want my full attention skip the first sentence in the thread.

The less bitchy Ola:
But yeah dude to answer your question, it sounds pretty good. And the song itself sounds good. But you definetly need to spend more time with the mix and as Mathew said, bring in some reference material.

It was actually neither of those. It was just all the time I had to do it at the moment, and wanted to maybe get some starting points as to where to start today. Gonna be working on it all day long, coming back here to read up on some techniques and such. Sorry if I upset anyone by "throwing" it together :( But thanks for listening guys :)