mix iv done..

sounds great! doing a similar project right now. what did you do with the vocal chain? they sound perfect imo :)

a little bit of tape warmth ( to round out those rough digital edges ), filtered un-needed low and high freq, eq ( no more than 3 bands..never hit 6 ), compresser with medium weight aaannddd delay and an impulse reverb.

:( Sorry ¨Rate my mix/tone¨ it is. Its great. The vocals are great, both preformance and mix:worship:
but
:stubbornnessboutthebass:

i hope other people get to comment on this
i wanna see what more people think
and thanks guys so much for your input
makes me feel great!

honestly man..
mostly just eq and compression
the trick is to get it to sound EXACTLY how you want it ..on the way in

when you want a good record
you dont want a recording chain..
unless you got the money for an HD4

i know people on this forum do things a little differently
but the easiest way iv noticed with some higher end engineers
their doing what im doing

which is the old school way
and the safest way
rent a killer channel strip ...or a tube pre..a compressor..an an eq..
seperate units..with a clocking device

and record acoustic.
and vocals

and THEN mix it
you'll see what i mean.

and get some tape plugins
to round off those harsh digital edges

. . .by converting to mp3
ill be adding unwanted compression
i want to show everyone the raw file

And in the process making them wait 10 minutes to listen to a 3 minute song. Which is a pain in the ass, and most of the people on this forum don't have time to do such a thing.

I, like everyone on this forum, understand that MP3 creates many unwanted things in an audio file. It's also quick and easy. Which was the point of it in the first place.

If I don't see an MP3 link, I don't even bother listening to the mix. There's no point in me waiting so long for what could potentially damage my hearing or sound so atrocious I get the urge to vomit as the first 5 notes are played. There's been mixes that bad on here.