Mix practice. feedback please

dale_a_smith

Jan 29, 2010
Hull, UK

Thanks to Hollow Ground for uploading the files.

Haven't done any mixing for what seems like ages. This is about 2 hours work. No automation.

any feedback, comments would be great.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Bump...

with a remix...

If anyone could spare the time to have a listen, and give me some guidence that would be great.

thanks..

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have two different tones going on? The guitars aren't balanced well. The right is a bit louder, and seems to have a different tone than the left. Its really gritty as well

HI dale, thanks for mixing my old band's song. Digging the vocal and drum levels, the right speaker guitar does have some fuzz though. It almost sounds like an amp sim without the cab sim on. Just my 2 cents. Thanks again for choosing to mix this track!

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll have a listen to the guitars later today. I am using different sims in the left and right, so I'll check that out.

thanks again.

great tune BTW

:)

HI dale, thanks for mixing my old band's song. Digging the vocal and drum levels, the right speaker guitar does have some fuzz though. It almost sounds like an amp sim without the cab sim on. Just my 2 cents. Thanks again for choosing to mix this track!

^^ this.. haha

So, I used Logic Space Designer to load a Gods Cab impulse, but with it being on the channel, and not as a aux, it opens with the wet/dry setting about 50/50, instead of 100% wet as it does when its an aux send.

That's what we call a schoolboy error.

I'll upload another mix tonight. did a bit more work on the drums and vocals.

cheers