Mixing GN'R (vids inside)

slashvanyoung

Dopefish lives!
Jul 18, 2006
Germany
FOH-mixing that is. Pretty interesting if you ask me, but have a look for yourselves!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8RqB0_xVHc&feature=channel_page[/ame]

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
The solo in the first part instantly makes me think of how Buckethead would sound without all his gizmos! :lol:

man kind of a tease i thought it was studio mixing...

didn't andy wallace mix chinese democarcy? except for like a 1 minute cameo in the making of meteora dvd i've still yet to see anythign on andy wallace except that one mix magazine article where he talks about buss comp. he's IMO the best rock mixer of all time i wish he wrote a book or something.

Oh, FUCK that noise!

UziSuicidal LLC is a company linked to Axl/GN'R that raids places like youtube for copyright violations, among other things.

The name UziSuicidal stems from GN'Rs very first self-created label, UZI Suicide. They released everything through UZI Suicide back in the day, but with "Appetite..." and its successors - as you might know - Geffen started distributing/partnering with them.

Sorry guys, didn't see that one coming since it's been official Waves videos.

I guess we weren't supposed to hear those bits of rehearsal recordings.... :rolleyes:

-----

The guy talked a bit about his career, coming from a big studio and getting into FOH. The challenges of mixing a band with so many members and instruments in the same frequency range.

How he used to mix Linkin Park every night and spending the whole next day to remix that performance for immediate release.

He then went on to talk about how he uses plugins, like limiters, comps and EQs for the FOH mix and how he comes back to using Waves plugs, especially the Renaissance ones for this. He closes with how FOH has given him the opportunity to get back into mixing record releases...