Modern Heavy Metal-ish (Latvian)!!!

nezvers

Beast
Oct 5, 2010
Latvia, Riga
Recently got chance to record my buddy's new song and I turned out pretty good! (for now while I don't know what you think).
All guitars is kinda low budget stuff so no need to mention -> GFS Classic Greenie -> line6 UX2 -> Lepou LE456 (solo - Nick Crow 8580) -> some paired impulses.
Bass - LTD B55 with not-fresh strings - UX2 - TSE BOD/ Nick Crow 8580
Vocal shure sm58 - all parts double tracked + harmonies (NO AUTOTUNE).
Drums - toontrack metal machine with little EQ on kick and snare + GClip.
Track here
We got idea to send it to radio and want to know what is needed to fix'n'stuff.
EDIT: UPDATED

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds radio-ready to me. maybe that's why you didn't get any response, there's just nothing to modify or fix, it's ready.

I like the way everything sounds except like you said the guitars, and I personally would work on that snare, maybe change the snare sample or something, it sounds kind of like a wooden block.

With the the amount of people here available to re-amp those guitars, (myself included) I would recommend you take advantage of that and get those guitars re-amped to get them beefed up.

My .02

Well snare was kinda not most awesome for me too, but it didn't sucked too. I mostly wanted to try metal machine drums.
Well for guitars drawback could be that they are kinda cheap, but maybe I will try some other amps and remember that podfarm UK vintage console give some difference into tone (will try for experiment).
EDIT: I updated links. With new version - changed snare, but PC went lagging because I don't like to bounce all tracks (I don't have so much free space to put all tracks) so left guitars intact and improved mastering process on it.