Monsieur Hamilton on Frankthrax

Crabmeat

Crustacean Grinds Inc.
Jul 12, 2004
From an interview with Page Hamilton....

Rock My Monkey: I got one other question about a former member, and that is Frank Bello, who was in Helmet for a very short time. I’ve got to ask, were you an Anthrax fan before Frank was a member of your band?

Page Hamilton: I honest to god was not that familiar with them. I had heard of the band, because Scott Ian has always said great things about Helmet. I knew a couple of the hits. It was cool. And I ended up loving Frank. I went to see Anthrax play-actually I went to see Anthrax play when Frank was in the band. I’m kind of lying. And it was cool. I really liked watching him onstage in particular, and John Bush sang really well. I don’t know the stuff with their other singer, the old singer that’s when them, Joey, I believe?

Rock My Monkey: Joey Belladonna.

Page Hamilton: Yeah. I don’t know the stuff with him as well, but I thought John was a great, was, is, whatever, is a really great singer, and the band is really cool. They’re all great players. I just wasn’t that familiar with them. I thought there was some really cool things. I can’t remember. What’s the, what’s that one album that, there was a song on there that I really-

Rock My Monkey: Are you talking about the most recent Anthrax studio album, We’ve Come For You All?

Page Hamilton: Yeah, yeah, yeah. That song “Safe Home” is my favorite that I’ve heard from them. I really liked that a lot.

Rock My Monkey: The one with Keanu Reeves in the video.

Page Hamilton: Oh, there’s a video?

Rock My Monkey: Yeah, there’s a music video. You can probably see it on YouTube (click here). Where Keanu Reeves is actually just walking down, all he’s doing is just walking down a freeway.

The whole interview is pretty interesting so if you wanna read the whole thing:
http://www.rockmymonkey.com/interviews/06/10/Helmet.php