Montreal show kicked some serious ass

Pascal79

Jun 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
This is one of those special shows that you'll remember for a very long time. The support acts were outstanding, the place was packed with both old school and newer generation of metal heads, and Testament delivered a spectacular performance with a great overall sound. Testament is stronger than ever!

The setlist was exactly like their show at Bogarts but with Sins of Omission added to the list.

Now I'm trying to recover from all the bruises, lost voice, and deaf ears. Thank you Chuck, Eric, Greg, Alex, and Paul for delivering such a killer show. And thumbs up to the promoters who did an amazing job in packing in the Metropolis which is not an easy task to accomplish.

:hotjump::devil::hotjump:

The Metropolis concert hall has a standing capacity of 2300. With the seated second level I'm sure they can easily accomodate well over 2600 fans. It is one of the biggest club venues in the city. I would say the place was close to 80% full.

I always knew Testament had what it takes to draw large crowds but this is the first time in a while that they do a proper North American tour with solid support acts and great promoters. That combination makes a hell of a difference IMO. With local support, it is usually hit or miss and it often ends up being the latter.

They really got their shit together now let me tell you. The next album and future tours will be even better. The last time I saw a show that good and powerful was Pantera back in 95.

Thanks for the answer. Looks like a pretty good crowd. Good for them and yes, I agree - they're finally getting the exposure they've deserved for so long. The promotion for the new album as well as the tours have been the best for years.