Moonsorrow 2011 release(Discussion)

IntoPhagist

FloriiiiiiiooooooOOO!
Sep 26, 2005
New York City and Around
omslag.jpg

I don't know how this is not posted yet. Probably the most anticipated album of 2011.

If it's anything like V: Havitetty then I will be thrilled. I love Moonsorrow but that was their best work by far.

I remember the band asking their fans on their website if they would enjoy an instrumental album. I replied saying something like "instrumental is great, but not a full album, Ville Sorvali has some of the best vocals" which was the most popular response.

Holy shit, thats the real coverart? Love it

I dont know why but thats EXACTLY the way I imagined it before it was revealed.

If anyones wondering (im Finnish), the translation: 'As shadows we walk on the land of the dead'

I cant wait, is anything else revealed from the album yet?

Holy shit, thats the real coverart? Love it

I dont know why but thats EXACTLY the way I imagined it before it was revealed.

If anyones wondering (im Finnish), the translation: 'As shadows we walk on the land of the dead'

I cant wait, is anything else revealed from the album yet?

Lucky bastard. I'm Finnish (mostly, Swedish too) but I was raised in USA and lack the language.

That must suck, I think its incredibly difficult to learn too. Didnt your parents teach it to you a bit?

Anyways, heres a teaser sample of the album; http://www.myspace.com/moonsorrow

Sounds great, I think its a mix between the old and the new (From what I can tell from listening to it once), also the vocals are more desperate and there seems to be more keyboard usage.

My mother was a Finn-Swede, my father Finnish and British, I inherited my birth name from him which is Brandon, and was raised mostly in Missouri by my grandparents on my father's English side who knew nothing of Scandinavian culture. I don't really talk to my mother much and my father's gone, so if I want to culture up I have to do it myself. I do want to move to Helsinki some day.

Wow, British, Swedish and Finnish origins. That sounds like a lot

Also, its a great place to live, I think Finland ranked as one of the top places to live along with Sweden and Australia. Great health care, education, economy, politics etc. Almost everyone speaks English too. Theres not so much nature on southern Finland though, and pretty much the whole northern part is basically a huge forest with hella lot of lakes.

Its a good place to move if you get sick of the health care in US, i've heard many people that have moved to Europe because of shit like that.

Not a lot of nature, huh? Well, maybe north of Helsinki then. I want to be somewhere pretty settled, it's going to be hard enough to convince my fiance to move there without telling her we're going to be in the middle a forest. I do want to be closer to nature though, the cold and the woods will hopefully inspire me to record some music.

Best place would be then probably somewhere in the middle. of course the cities dont have that much forest around, but if you travel a bit further especially in the middle Finland from cities you'll see a lot of nature. Its fairly quiet there too but not too quiet. Helsinki and the ares around are mainly just cities and towns.

Havitetty was boring. My fave is still Voimasta, probably because it was my first.

Voimasta, Kivenkantaja and Verisakeet is all the Moonsorrow anyone needs.