Moonspell touring with Samael, holy amazing tour Batman!

Palabra de Dios

Heavy Metal Weatherman
Mar 22, 2005
St. Joseph, MO
Just checking out the show list on Masquerade's website and I stumbled upon this gem:

Moonspell is set to do a headlining tour with none other than Samael. I unfortunately missed Samael when they toured with Amorphis (b/c Amorphis was playing their amazing set at PPUSA).

Thursday, October 15th - Hell - Doors@6:30pm - $15 ADV
Moonspell, Samael, Book of Black Earth, Secrets of the Moon, and guests

What a fucking tour! BoBE and SotM aren't that bad either. No clue what they mean by "guests" but hopefully if there are local openers, it's still within the black/gothic realm and not shitty metalcore or generic death metal.

Haven't found tour dates, yet, but I'm fucking stoked!!!

I just opened a nice big box from CM Distro holding, among other new gems, the new Samael CD...supposedly a return to their more 'evil' roots. We shall see. :kickass:

It is a return to the Black metal sound of their earlier albums. LOVE the album!!

Their black metal stuff is Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much metal than the dance stuff.

I've heard that that's what they're doing with the new Samael too. I'll believe it when I hear it. Although I like the electronic stuff too, so I'm sure I'll enjoy it no matter what. :)

Sweet. I am looking forward to it. I actually thought Moonspell was going to tour with another band instead of Samael, but I'm not complaining!

Can't wait!

For a good synopsis of the latest Samael, check out my review at www.maximummetal.com
I got to see Samael when they came through Chicago earlier this year with Carcass, et al. They only played a half hour set but they were killer! Being direct support for Moonspell should afford them more play time this time out. I've seen Moonspell twice and if they come anywhere near me on this tour I'll be there for sure, great live band!

Well, from the looks of the tour schedule, if I go (which I probably will) it'll be the friday night Pearl Room show.

Well since nobody else did:

Wed 10/14/09 Tampa, FL - Czar Bar
Thu 10/15/09 Atlanta, GA - The Masquerade
Fri 10/16/09 West Springfield, VA - Jaxx
Sat 10/17/09 Allentown, PA - Sterling Hotel
Sun 10/18/09 New York, NY - B.B. King Blues Club
Mon 10/19/09 Montreal, QC - Les Foufounes Electriques
Tue 10/20/09 Toronto, ON - The Mod Club Theatre
Wed 10/21/09 Cleveland, OH - Peabody's Downunder
Thu 10/22/09 Detroit, MI - Blondies
Fri 10/23/09 Chicago, IL - Pearl Room
Sat 10/24/09 Kansas City, MO - Beaumont Club