Moontower Appreciation thread!!!

This cd is one of many near-perfect disc's by dan. I agree it is awesome! I think his death style vocals fit this cd better than his clean would have though. The very moderate use of clean vox like on Add reality was just right.

Awesome !
Tjis is really a hell of a beautiful album... One of my friends told me it was just "commercial soup"... Damn... How can one say that ? Think I'll never understand this kind of judgement... It maybe is a question of mind... You need to be open minded to appreciate this album... And to realize it's... It's just incredibly good stuff... One of my favs from Dan...

I only have two Therion songs with Dan, from one CD - "Black Fairy" and "In Remembrance." What am I missing?

As for favourite clean vox by Dan, it's just a tiny part, but I love the clean vocals in "Enigma." Something about them hit me hard when I first heard them, and still does. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it was one of my earliest Swano-exposures...

Originally posted by llamaura
I only have two Therion songs with Dan, from one CD - "Black Fairy" and "In Remembrance." What am I missing?

On Therion's Theli Dan does some singing (not all) on "Cults of the Shadow" and "Nightside of Eden".

-Villain

for those who didnt get this of the net, where did you get it from? i cant find it, maybe i will soon though. www.hmv.co.uk doesnt stock it, although the US/Canada HMV does :( oh well...

on a lighter note i got 2 more diabolical masquerade cds today, i only need one more to complete the collection :hotjump:

The album that turned me into a Swano disciple...definitely one of his most inventive works, and those keyboards are just awesome. Any other members of the Uncreation Club here? That refers to the "song that got you into Swano" thread, where along with Crimson it was the most frequent answer.

Moontower is most certainly a killer album. I do agree with some of you though, that he should have used his clean vox more often. The grind vox is cool enough, but I like his clean vox better.

One of my top five albums