MORBID ANGEL: 'Garden Of Disdain' Video Released

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Legendary death metal unit MORBID ANGEL has unveiled the unsettling new video for "Garden Of Disdain" from the band's recently issued "Kingdoms Disdained" full-length. Produced by Nadar Sadek, "Garden Of Disdain" is a tale of allegory and Sumerian-fueled vision. Bristling with gore and metaphor, the clip is a disturbing piece that depicts the darkest, most hopeless sides of the human condition. "My intention is to create a visual parallel to the song," offers Sadek, "a theme which repeats, yet within the loop-lay textures are controlled twists and turns. It was a bonus that I had the opportunity to use Sumerian iconography as well as obscure symbols of the pre-ancient past such as the Merkaba, a galaxy-roaming vessel. " "Nader does some of the most interesting and dark visual art I have ever seen," says MORBID ANGEL bassist/vocalist Steve Tucker. "We were excited to work with him and see our musical ideas put into such amazing visuals!" MORBID ANGEL is currently in the midst of a U.S. headlining tour. The month-long trek kicked off on April 16 and will run through May 17, with support provided by ORIGIN, DREAMING DEAD and HATE STORM ANNIHILATION. "Kingdoms Disdained" was released in December via Silver Lining Music in the U.S. and JVC in Japan. The disc, which reunites founding guitarist Trey Azagthoth with Tucker, was recorded at Mana Studios in St. Petersburg, Florida and produced by MORBID ANGEL with Erik Rutan (CANNIBAL CORPSE, HATE ETERNAL, SIX FEET UNDER, BELPHEGOR). Joining Azagthoth and Tucker during the recording sessions for "Kingdoms Disdained" was drummer Scotty Fuller (ANNIHILATED; formerly of ABYSMAL DAWN) MORBID ANGEL in January 2017 announced the addition of Dan Vadim Von (guitarist/frontman of the American death metal band VADIMVON) to the band's lineup on second guitar. He joined the group as the replacement for Norwegian guitarist Destructhor (a.k.a. Thor Anders Myhren), who left the band three years ago. Silver Lining Music recently released a special two-disc digipack edition of "Kingdoms Disdained", featuring seven instrumental demo tracks previously only available as part of the deluxe box set.

Continue reading...