MORBID ANGEL's DAVID VINCENT: 'It's Time To Write'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Planet Mosh TV conducted an interview with bassist/vocalist David Vincent of Florida death metal veterans MORBID ANGEL on December 9 at the Garage in Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom. You can now listen to the chat in the YouTube clip below.Asked about MORBID ANGEL's plans for 2015, Vincent said: "We're done [touring] for awhile. It's time to write."Regarding the band's plans for a follow-up to 2011's "Illud Divinum Insanus" album, Vincent said: "Whatever it ends up being is whatever it ends up being."I don't think about anything when I'm creating. It comes and that's what happens."David also addressed the mixed fan reaction to "Illud Divinum Insanus", explaining: "Listen, I thought a lot of that stuff [that ended up being on the record], it was really interesting to me as well. Trey [Azagthoth, guitar] came in and he had some crazy ideas. And I [said], 'Great. Let's have fun with it.'"He continued: "We're not really a traditional band; we sort of follow our own path. And it is what it is. I mean, it's always been that way with this band. Most of our records sound different than everything that's ever been out there, [and I think that's] good. I don't wanna sound like everybody else."Vincent added: "Listen, I've said it before. I'm not very good at being anybody else, but I'm pretty good at being me. So I'll stick with what I know.""Illud Divinum Insanus" sold around 3,600 copies in the United States in its first week of release to enter The Billboard 200 chart at position No. 141. The effort marked MORBID ANGEL's first CD to feature Vincent since 1995's "Domination".Interview (audio):
Performance footage (December 8 in Manchester):

More...