T-BONE <- steaks for free :confused:

mCUjK4A6VnA9a9ywPWFz.jpg

---> Matrix in Bochum

and

22.04.2006 Lantaarn Hellendoorn NL

Saxon.jpg

zaalsfeer9.jpg

--> Lantaarn in Hellendoorn

seems to be -> VERY <- interesting for us :)

I play in the band Steel Tormentor & this is going to be the best gig yet as far as im concerned getting to support one of my all time favourite metal bands!!!! :worship:

We have played in the TBMC its a class venue best in Dublin by a mile great sound system nice big stage & right in the heart of all the action.

Paxoman said:
Saxon in Dublin! Can't say I can ever remember a Saxon gig in Ireland! Anyone know anything about the Temple Bar Music Centre?

I know a few folk that saw Saxon in Ireland Paxoman. I'm sure it was the Sports Complex they played but whereabouts in Ireland that is, I haven't got a clue. And I can't even remember when it was, I think it was yonks ago right enough. I've got quite some friends there and they canny believe their luck that they're going to get to see Saxon again, they are getting well whipped up into a frenzy.

And come on Saxon where's the Scottish date - I'm starting to get a wee bit worried here!!

The last time Saxon played here it was round the mid 90's it was the line up with Oliver & Graham not the one with Biff & Quinn.They still got great croweds they played Dublin & Galway on that tour.I honestly cant remember the last time Biff & co were over here propably the late 80's early 90's!!!!!

The Temple bar music centre is in a great spot right in the heart of the Dublin night life.

I think it was sometime in the mid 80s that Claire saw Saxon in Ireland but I know a handful of other folk and I'm pretty sure it was indeed early 90s they were talking about. You might know one of them Kickurass, he plays in Irish band as well called Devil Makes Three - big Dave with the Best Hair In Metal (lol). He's a great guy, always sending me loads of cds, and he's coming over to see Venom in March, so will be meeting him in the Solid Rock for a few drinkies and then going to along to see Venom rip up the Garage:headbang: :headbang: .

Yes I sometimes have a wee look on MI just to see what's happening but I haven't joined or anything, I think probably cos most of the members there seem to be right into all that doomy thrashy type music and I'm not really. I'm only into classic rock and tons of nwobhm. I think they might all get a bit fed up with my endless ramblings of Saxon, Diamond Head and Angel Witch lol!!!!!! And that's the great thing about this site, I can ramble on about it till the cows come home and no-one seems to mind. Either that or they're just too polite to tell me to shut me gob hehe!!!!!!

I'm on that other site, the Derry forum that Kellz runs, and so is Dave and I will need to give him a wee PM cos he seems to have forgotten all about that UFO DVD he was going to send me about 3 months ago!!! It's a brilliant site, lots of interesting chat about music obviously but lots of other stuff, its also a total scream. And yip I talk non stop about Saxon, DH and Angel Witch there as well, but they're all used to my boring posts by now and there's quite a lot of nwobhm fans there and when I go off on one of my longwinded posts about nwobhm bands, they just say stuff like "if it wasn't for you, the nwobhm scene would just seem like a dim and distant memory". But it's my mission in life to keep it alive for as long as possible!!!! I posted the Saxon Dub gig in the Gig Section as soon as I got the email from Saxon, so there's loads of them going to be going along for a night of pure Heavy Metal Thunder:headbang: :headbang: .

Yep i can see your point about M.I but you'd be surprised how many old school metal fans are on it.Im not into all the extreme stuff myself so i can understand where your coming from.Theres actually a few threads about the SAXON gig on there now if you want to check them out.

By the way does anyone know if there is an official flyer for the UK & Irish gigs i want something i can stick up on our website