More Saxon fans are Arab than American?

devilridesout

Oct 1, 2005
Ok, didn't think so. This isn't another cheap shot at Arabs or at Saxon themselves, it's a comparison of how far the US is from England as compared to going to the U.A.E. for the "Desert Rock Fest." Understandably, Saxon has had some problems drawing people for their US concerts in the past...but the last 8 or so years in the US seemed to draw a lot of people ever since UTB. I think their management and promoters over here (Jensen) are judging things based on attendance figures from '84-'89. You can't tell me honestly that there are more Saxon fans in Dubai than in the US!

I think it's great that Saxon is branching out as far as playing Dubai or anywhere in the Middle East as long as they'll be safe.

Saxon was much more popular here in the US 20 yrs ago but even at thier height of popularity there weren't that many fans aside from the hardcore ones.

I hope they do plan on playing here as Biff said they would but if they don't? I can't blame them nor would I hold anything againstthem.

I'm a HUGE Iron Maiden fan (my fav band of all time and moreso then Saxon) but I saw Maiden 7 times in the span of 6 months and even ha a friend from Australia fly 10,000 to see Maiden live and spent at least 1,500.00 for the flight aloneo_O He's a hardcore fan for sure and Maiden haven't played OZ in a very,very long time and I Think that sucks so us fans here in the US.............me anyway can't bitch at all when it comes to bands playing here because IMO, we get our fair share compared to other countries around the globe.

SAXON RULES!

Saxon played and will play to any of their Fans, no matter if german, english, american, dubai or what ever, we just need promoters who put up shows for reasonable conditions

yours

Thomas Jensen

thomas747 said:
Saxon played and will play to any of their Fans, no matter if german, english, american, dubai or what ever, we just need promoters who put up shows for reasonable conditions

yours

Thomas Jensen
Any word on a US tour yet,We've all been anxious.If their isn't going to be a US tour,please at least say there isn't going to be one.I will make plans to see them in the UK,but I need to know if Saxon is coming here or not.

saxonfan said:
Any word on a US tour yet,We've all been anxious.If their isn't going to be a US tour,please at least say there isn't going to be one.I will make plans to see them in the UK,but I need to know if Saxon is coming here or not.

This is a reasonable request so how about giving our American cousins some respect and letting them know what's happening?

The saxon-fans in the USA are the best promoters one can imagine. Isn't there a single USA-Saxon hardcore-follower who can give a helping hand? Put an e-mail-adress on the board, get a few hundred or a thousand willing people to see Saxon, do a check that they mean it,...a bit of creativity is needed here.. why pay for a promotor? The fans are for free.. Maybe One USA-fan who is good in organizing such things? Just one?? Do it please...!

I am from Dubai and no offence to the Saxon fans out here, but the only reason I am going to check out the show is to see MEGADETH live and kicking ass. ;)

that reminds me of the line up

Megadeth-fuck yeah
Saxon-more fuck yeah
Testament-fuck yeah

and then puddle of mudd and 3 doors down!!!!-wtf!!

hopefully theyll get bottled off and then saxon and testament and megadeth should get more time.

No offence, but will it be mostly white guys who live in dubai going to the concert or will there be lots of arabs aswell?

Bosnian Witchfinder said:
that reminds me of the line up

Megadeth-fuck yeah
Saxon-more fuck yeah
Testament-fuck yeah

and then puddle of mudd and 3 doors down!!!!-wtf!!

hopefully theyll get bottled off and then saxon and testament and megadeth should get more time.

No offence, but will it be mostly white guys who live in dubai going to the concert or will there be lots of arabs aswell?
See for yourself. These were the crowds for the last rock concert - http://www.csmentertains.com/gallery/crowd.html

There are a hell of alot of people involved in the music scene out here. When i went to get my ticket the other day, all tickets had been sold out (i managed to get one off a friend though)
Also Robbie Williams tickets sold out within 3 hours!
for more info on the UAE rock/metal scene go to www.phride.com (check out the forums)