Mors Principium Est: your thoughts?

Burnout

Faith Puppeteer
Sep 25, 2005
California, US
www.last.fm
I was introduced to Mors Principium Est a while ago, but I wasn't at all a fan of harsh vocals at the time. However, I've recently started to make my way through more of the melodic death that's been recommended to me (Arsis, Dark Tranquillity, Rapture and so on). I was curious to see if anyone here listened to Mors Principium Est and if so, what are your thoughts on the band?

I really enjoy the samples I've heard from Liberation = Termination (I've since ordered it) and The Unborn also seems to be held in fairly high regard. I was also curious: is the band's debut, Inhumanity, also worth checking out?

For those that haven't heard them: http://myspace.com/morsprincipiumestmyspace

I like them quite a bit, but man, they really dropped the ball at the BWBK festival they played. The song selection just wasn't great and the whole stage presence looked like Death Metal instead of melodic death metal. That show set them back quite a bit, I think.

They are great, although I dont know what will come of them. Their guitarist left, he was the primary songwriter. I actually read an interview with their singer where he stated they were not sure what would happen and the rest of the guys were kind of lost without him.

Kurt

Thanks for the responses/recommendations guys, I'll definitely be checking out The Unborn and I think I'll also grab Inhumanity if I can find it for a reasonable price.

:headbang: