Mortiis rules

Why not just buy a old album if you like him?
Its not at all the same, its dark keyboard compositions, lots of repetition. Its my favourite era though for sure

well im not a big fan of the smell of rain. he looks a bit silly rolling around in that parasite god video. Although his older works caught my attention for awhile.

mortiis played bass in emperor.. mortiis then go solo.. i prefer when he compsoed dark/gothik melodies... i agree he look stupid in his video.. the song is not that bad but the man crawling on the ground.. erk

In_Flames said:
ok,you my friend have no taste.mortiis is...is....SHIT!! and he is not metal so wtf he doing in here???!!! oh well i spose we all have different tastes *fucks off*

What are we doing here? Well, I clicked on 'Earache records' and on the sub-category 'Mortiis', that's what I'm doing here. If you are one of those people who's motto is 'If it's not Metal, it's shit' I advice you to throw your computer out of the window, and not enforce your ignorant opinions on us.

And oh yeah, In Flames sucks.

kollex said:
its impossible not to love Mortiis.
along with Depche Mode hes the last word in electro.
what are his earlier albums like ?

As stated earlier, it's basically dark, ambient chamber music. If the first one you got was The Smell Of Rain, then it would probably be best to work your way backwards through the catalogue. That being said, pick up The Stargate next and see if you like it. To date, he has no other albums like The Smell Of Rain.