Most Epic album?

Kushantaiidan

SPASIBA AX.
What do you think is your favorite or most Epic album?

Albums with a long drawn out epic feel, with long songs hanging around the 10 minut mark?

Some examples:

Opeth - Morningrise
In The Woods - Omnio
Enslaved - Vikingligr Veldi
Limbonic Art - Moon In The Scorpio

Curently I'm having orgasms over Vikingligr Veldi, which has to be the greatest debut album of all time second only to orchid.

This album is just huge, an epic viking feel of the likes of Bathory's Hammerheart, and a hypnotic wall of noise feel of the likes of Emperor's Nightside, or even Burzum's Filosem.

What's your fav epic album?

Epic for me doesn't have to be particularly long and drawn out.

Candlemass' "Nightfall", Bathory's "Blood, Fire & Ice", Emperor's "Anthems..." and "In The Nightside.." all have an overtly epic feel without crossing the Barrier Of Cheese.

Rhapsody, Beyond Twilight, et al, are epic certainly. With extra cheese.

Reactions: S4R
It seems great (unemployed) minds think alike ;)

The 2 epics that came to mind instantly were:

Limbonic Art - Moon In The Scorpio
Opeth - Morningrise.

I am also starting to get into Enslaved, I only have the track
793 (Slaget Om Lindisfarne). 16 mins of epicness in itself.

Have to think about others, Anathema's Eternity has relatively shorter tracks, but it covers a whole range which I feel makes it somewhat epic.

Oh! Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss. All long tracks, Inn I Slottet Fra Droemmen is great.

Later Raison D'etre stuff is good, even though it's minimalistic.

Reactions: S4R
also, I wasn't trying to define what epic means, I was just looking for albums like the above mentioned...

Hvis Lyset Tar Oss... hmm.. right now, I'm trying to get my head around this album, Filosem was a good starting album for me and burzum, but Hvis Lyset Tar Oss... yeah.. hmmmmm...

In The Woods... - Strange in Stereo. Try taking that album one song at a time, it will fall over. Listen to it all at once, it is magical.

My Dying Bride- The Angel & the dark river

Thergothon- Stream from the Heavens. Listen to that in one sitting. I dare ya. It will leave your scarred body in a drained shattered heap, lying on the floor. Slowest doom ever. :worship:

Oh, and the immortal Pan~Thy~Monium- Dawn of Dreams :headbang:

So far only Opeth's Morningrise was mentioned...IMO Orchid is just as epic. Ok, it doesn't have Black Rose Immotal (but BRI was originally written for Orchid anyway:p)

I agree with My Dying Bride - The Angel and the Dark River
the other MDB releases are epic too, but only to a certain degree...

Solstice - New Dark Age (too bad they just split up)

The last two Enslaved albums...the brutal parts destroy the epic feeling soehow...so it's just some songs. (the fast parts are not brutal and epic at the same time; like Emperor do it. that's because Enslaved don't use so many keyboards...)

Unholy - Gracefallen

Edge of Sanity - Crimson (epic with hysteric, haunting and paralysing parts...not to mention the groove in between:))

Novembre - Novembrine Waltz (but not as much as the above mentioned albums)

Bal-Sagoth - newer albums (they create an 'epic' feeling although the songs are not that long...somehow unique)

Green Carnation's new one...but I'm not sure. It's very long, but somehow doesn't have this 'epic' feeling.........it's rather claustrophic :confused:

I just can't get enough of that epic feel of Edge Of Sanity's Crimson. Whenever I listen to it, it just sucks me in, and next thing you know, its 40 minutes later, haha. That song always feels so short to me ...

Also all the Opeth albums...