Most underrated Metal Albums

Brent

True Believer
Jan 13, 2003
Chicago IL
I guess I really don't have to explain myself.

Testament-Souls of Black
Anthrax-Spreading the Disease
Megadeth-Killing is my Business
Slayer-South of Heaven
Iron Maiden-Powerslave

That's all I can think of for now, I'll add more later.

Reactions: Wyvern
Powerslave is not underrated ...
it got/gets all the attention he deserves , everyone praises it.
i would say ...Heir Apparent's "One Small Voice" to be one of the most underrated things i know.
it is a pure masterpiece in the same standards as Fates Warning for example ...but few know it ....

Originally posted by IOfTheStorm
Powerslave is not underrated ...
it got/gets all the attention he deserves , everyone praises it.
i would say ...Heir Apparent's "One Small Voice" to be one of the most underrated things i know.
it is a pure masterpiece in the same standards as Fates Warning for example ...but few know it ....

definatly, Powerslave is not underrated , i think the X Factor for me , is Maidens most underrated album , i love it.

Pantera - Far Beyond Driven/The Great Southern Trendkill/Reinventing The Steel

People praise their earlier albums but people seem to not like their later albums when they took a leap to heaviness. Why.why..why? I loved all the Pantera albums each on their own way.

Sepultura - Chaos A.D/Roots/Against/Nation

Every one puts down these albums especially the ones with Green. They might not be as speedy, technical and thrashy on these albums compared to their earlier albums like Arise and Beneath The Remains but I enjoyed those albums.

Vinnie Vincent Invasion - Vinnie Vincent Invasion!!! Best glam album ever! Excellent extreme guitar metal album!
Slaughter - The Wild Life... everyone says it sucks compared to Stick It To Ya, its pretty much the same but better!
AC/DC - Flick Of The Switch... their 2nd best album! It's like Back In Black part 2, and it's their heaviest one!
Danger Danger - Danger Danger... awesome melodic hard rock! Top notch songs!
Firehouse - Hold Your Fire... I've seen this get some not-so-good reviews, I think it kills the first one!
Kiss - Lick It Up... probably their strongest album from start to finish and one of their heaviest. Vinnie rules!
... plus every Ratt album from 1984-1990!! These guys deserve more credit than they got and should've been bigger!

gore obsessed-cannibal corpse, alot of the fans say it's crap and CC should stop making music but Gore obsessed is great.
Dimmu Borgir-Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia, great album but everyone hates it because they became more popular w/ this album.
Sepultura-Chaos A.D. this is a great diverse album but everyone thinks its nu metal and crappy because it isn't as thrash. Roots and after are fairly decent though, but i dont like them very much.

Megadeth-Killing Is My Business...And Business is Good!(Everyone says either RIP or Peace Sells are the best)
Coroner-Everything they've released
Vital Remains-Everything they've released

Originally posted by iamtheemperor
gore obsessed-cannibal corpse, alot of the fans say it's crap and CC should stop making music but Gore obsessed is great.
Dimmu Borgir-Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia, great album but everyone hates it because they became more popular w/ this album.
Sepultura-Chaos A.D. this is a great diverse album but everyone thinks its nu metal and crappy because it isn't as thrash. Roots and after are fairly decent though, but i dont like them very much.

So fucking true man. I'm sick to death of idiots rating Corpse poorly when they are indeed still leaders of their ilk. Gore Obsessed is brilliant. And Chaos AD is NOT nu metal. Roots maybe, but not fucking Chaos AD.

Ohh...and I forgot to add these to the list.

Corrosion Of Conformity- Blind
Mordred- In This Life
Prong- Cleansing
Terrorizer- World Downfall

These albums are criminaly overlooked.

Testament - Practice What You Preach (one of my favorite thrash cds ever)

Queensryche - The Warning and Rage For Order (two metal masterpieces that never get the credit that Operation:MINDcrime gets)

Dio - Dream Evil (one hell of a cd, always get over shadowed by Holy Diver)

King Diamond - The Eye (never gets as much praise as some of the other albums, was released right when grunge was on the horizon, great cd overall)

Alice Cooper - Special Forces (unless you are a pretty big Alice Cooper fan not many know about this album, i think its great and its one of my favoite Alice albums out there)

"Sepultura-Chaos A.D. this is a great diverse album"

That album was great, I remember that's the first Sepultura album I got around 2 and a half years ago. They slowed down the speed but that album can be still considered Thrash and started using tribal drumming.

Well... In my opinon these albums are/were severly overlooked years ago...

Toxic - Think This
Cyclone Temple - I Hate Therfore I Am
Realm - Suiciety
Skyclad - The Silent Whales Of Lunar Sea
Atrocity - Blut
Nuclear Assualt - Something Wicked
Rage - Reflections Of A Shadow
Scanner - Mental Reservation
Voivod - Outer Limits
Intruder - Psycho Savant
Last Crack - Burning time
Celtic Frost - Vanity Nemesis
Forced Entry - As Above, So Below
Wrathchild America - Climbin' The Walls
Beliver - Dimensions
Exciter - Unveiling The Wicked
Mordred - In This Life

.... and probably about another 30-50 more!

\m/
Dustin