MOTÖRHEAD's LEMMY, KORN's JONATHAN DAVIS To Guest On RAMMSTEIN Guitarist's New EMIGRA

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
EMIGRATE, the side project of RAMMSTEIN guitarist Richard Z. Kruspe, will release its sophomore album, "Silent So Long", on October 17. According to Amazon.de, the CD, which was mixed in February/March by Ben Grosse (MARILYN MANSON, DISTURBED), features guest appearances by Lemmy Kilmister (MOTÖRHEAD) and Jonathan Davis (KORN).Says Kruspe: "For me, it was important to reach a new level of songwriting, singing and production, and I can honestly say we made it."EMIGRATE's current recording lineup includes drummer Mikko Sirén of Finnish cello rockers APOCALYPTICA. Kruspe says: "[Mikko] did a great job laying down the drum tracks in the studio." The team is rounded out by co-producer and guitarist Olson Involtini and bassist Arnaud Giroux."Silent So Long" track listing:01. Eat You Alive (featuring Frank Dellé)02. Get Down (featuring Peaches)03. Rock City (featuring Lemmy Kilmister)04. Hypothetical05. Rainbow06. Born On My Own07. Giving Up08. My Pleasure09. Happy Times10. Faust11. Silent So Long (featuring Jonathan Davis) A teaser for "Silent So Long" is available below.In a 2008 interview with All Access Magazine, Kruspe said about EMIGRATE: "It's not a side project. It's a new project and it will continue, and will be always a part of me."Regarding his decision to launch a band that was different from what he does with RAMMSTEIN, Kruspe said: "It was really important for me to distance myself from what I did with RAMMSTEIN because [several] years I did not feel healthy being in that band. I needed something else. EMIGRATE was formed to balance myself out to cure myself to go back to RAMMSTEIN and be back at the top of my game. Both with RAMMSTEIN and with EMIGRATE."
emigratesilenttempcd.jpg

More...